News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound sample listing ?

Started by eyerichards, August 04, 2009, 03:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: Alex on August 04, 2009, 03:03:11 PM
Lets all hope that the DrumIt5 lasts for longer than a Xbox 360 though! The most unreliable consumer electronics product ever (this is just speculation on my part, but fair all the same).

Judging by the videos i have seen so far the drum sounds are excellent. 4GB is weak though compared to what we are used to nowadays. Can you tell me if the 2box software will actually compress the files whilst they are being loaded onto the module? Therefore providing a seamless transfer from start to finish? The alternative is for us to use a tool to compress the kits first, and then use a different tool to transfer them over.

Alex i only used the Xbox 360 as an example of a product evolving over time, nothing to do with the reliability, and especially not to compare with the reliability of the DrumIt Five. I think i should have just left that out all together now, but i thought it could be a good example....guess not. I have never had the software crash on me, and that applies to all of the pre-production units that we have ever had. The hardware has also been very solid, and it has taken a good beating at trade shows, retailers and this was all pre-production hardware.

I have just spoken to Bengt, and he has confirmed that when 3 x lossless compression has been implemented, when you download a sound on to the Unit, it will compress at the same time.

Thanks
Scott

boekhour

Quote from: ber0ni on August 04, 2009, 01:01:57 PM
i know that i maybe sound sarcastic or slamming your product, but as a potential customer make me change the sides e.g. why shouldn't i buy roland instead of 2box...money is not the problem it's the instrument that satisfy most of my needs....

Gimmicks like usb sd/flash drives etc is important, but base functionality (sound and feel) is the key for succes and is therefore far more important. If the kit plays well and sounds fantastic then that's the killer for other brands. USB 1.1 is eventually a thing to live with. Over time the support sampling-software will become available and bugs that might appair in the Operating System will be sorted out, Scottie?

Regarding firmware updates I've had some very bad experience with Dvico Tivx 4100 Mediaplayer, where constantly promises where made for new firmwares, but in the end we ended up with a new version where maybe some bugs where solved and new ones where introduced. It never became stable unit. In the beginning they were a small fast operation firm who listened to ther customers, but after a while they became arrogant and I'll never buy a Dvico again.

But there are a lot of other firms out there  that solve thing a different way and let us hope, drumit5 is one of them. I think the will be definetly.

NeilC

Do you have timescales, Scottie, for the first major patch? OS 1.0 etc....

ber0ni

what i've heard during my "test session" drum sounds NOW sound great & like real drums...this is probably the main reason why i'm switching from roland to 2box...

If i understood correct, when the files are compressed they don't  lose on quality ??? 

Alex

not if they're compressed using a lossless algorithm :)

Scottie

Quote from: NeilC on August 04, 2009, 03:42:11 PM
Do you have timescales, Scottie, for the first major patch? OS 1.0 etc....

Sorry Neil totally missed your post. I think the current ETA is september, but i don't know if it beginning, middle or end at the moment . I know that 2box want to really give 1.0 a good testing before it is released to the end user. I am hoping that we will be able to get our hands on it a little earlier, and then i answer any questions that you guys have before it is released.

Once i get a firm date, i will let you know.

Thanks
Scott