News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pointing out the obvious...

Started by Evy, November 19, 2010, 04:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evy

So I had a chance last night to play a Roland TD9KX(mesh) once again.  I owned the at one point so I wanted to remind myself the pros and cons of the kit which is priced inline with 2Box.  I know many want to compare 2Box with the TD20 but pricewise it's an unfair arguement IMO.  2Box simply takes it.  Anyway....I recall being blown away by the TD9 when I bought it and now(no disrespect to my friend who bought it) it seems like garbage compared to the 2Box.  The sound quality is WAAY to mechanical and tinny, plenty of machine gunning.  The drums don't sound real at all(cuz they're not).  The worst part was the hihat.  The foot chink sounded like an old keyboard sample from the 80's and the triggering was adequate at best.  The cymbals feel like plastic toys, the pads are the strong point but too bouncy.  Just one of those times when one realizes just how good 2Box is compared to the competition at a similar price.  (and yes I know it still sounds better than the 20 ;))  We've bought well people!!!