News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Tighter meshhead tension options?

Started by jw-smaal, November 15, 2010, 08:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jw-smaal

I have up crancked up the 12" snare mesh fully and I still find it too loose for my taste.  I am comparing it to my Pearl piccolo snare which has a single ply ambassador head  which I have tuned up for the sound I like.  

Which type of alternative mesh-head could I use that can be crancked up really tight without too much of the tennis-racket rebound?  I have been going though some of the older posts I am not sure which brand would do the job for me.

1) Hart-dynamics, Kontrol-Screen MAXXUM.
2) drum-tec Pro Serie - 12" Meshhead
3) R*land replacement head.      

I have also used a 12" ambassador on the 2box snare which feels great but is noisy as hell (the ddrum4 snare design was more suited for this use).

What are your experiences with changing the mesh-head on the snare?

rythm

When my original snare head broke I replaced it with Remo/Roland since I´ve used them before, knows they will last a long time and am used to the feel. I also like the head tight and like the feel.

nonoduweb

I use Roland V-Drum mesh head (2 plies) for the snare, and it's perfect. It sounds a bit louder than the 2box head.

jw-smaal

I'll think i'll order the Roland head (~27EURO).  Thanks for your sharing your experiences.

J-W, 

puttenvr

But I ....
We all....

Quote from: jw-smaal on November 16, 2010, 09:51:39 AM
I'll think i'll order the Roland head (~27EURO).  Thanks for your sharing your experiences.

too late

jw-smaal

I did not order it yet ;-).  I said I "think" i'll order the Rolands.  What is your experience with other heads?   

PS: Groeten!

puttenvr

Louis

I broke all original mesh heads except one. Now I only use Rolands (sorry puttenvr) and I am very happy. The Rolands are less bouncy and much more durable. They sound a little bit more, but no dramatic difference.

The only minor problems are that

• they are white
  • you cannot see through them as well as the original heads. In that respect the original ones are really sexy.

They also cost more, but I think they are worth it.

Never tested other brands though.