News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Need help with my speedlight kit

Started by Sheshelj, February 03, 2024, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshelj

The sounds are okay and all, but i dont really like the sensitivity of the hihat, despite calibrating it. There are other settings that i tried changeing but i dont know what they do, because it doesnt change nothing. Also the snare is okay, but i cant do a drum roll for example. I tried looking and i dont see any sensitivity settings or nothing i can really change. Maybe im just blind, but that is why im asking..
 Is there a way to maybe tweak the settings to make it better, because online everyone is praising this kit, but to be honest my second hand milenium mps 850 kit was a bit better(maybe im bias, or not used to this new kit, idk). If y'all have this kit with the original hihat stand stand that comes with the kit, could you share your settings or point out something to help me out?
Thanks in advance.

welshsteve

Something is way off there you can definitely do rolls, fast ones, buzz rolls etc on a 2 box kit. I had one for many many years. I have played the speedlight kit at a shop and I really liked it.

Was it a demo kit, like a floor model or something? If so I'd wager it's been messed with by people in the store and it's how it is.

I can't say how, but I'd factory reset it. It can be done I just can't remember how to do it.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sheshelj

Quote from: welshsteve on February 08, 2024, 12:11:41 AMSomething is way off there you can definitely do rolls, fast ones, buzz rolls etc on a 2 box kit. I had one for many many years. I have played the speedlight kit at a shop and I really liked it.

Was it a demo kit, like a floor model or something? If so I'd wager it's been messed with by people in the store and it's how it is.

I can't say how, but I'd factory reset it. It can be done I just can't remember how to do it.

Its a brand new kit. I kinda got used to it though, but i have this issue where the hihat plays an open sound (not full open more like half open, something inbetween), despite me pressing the foot pedal like an ape, still plays some notes closed then some a bit open. That kind of irritates me to be honest. Like i said its calibrated i havent moved it so no need to calibrate it again, i set it up step by step from the manual, still dont know, maybe something in the settings i should change? If you or someone could help me out it would be great.
P.S. i played drums especially edrums for about 5 years i dont lack foot control, so my foot doesnt get loose off the pedal for it to make that sound.

welshsteve

There's a setting in hihat, god I wish I could remember what it's called, but if you adjust that while playing it will bring the closed foot position up, and you'll get it right.

I'll have a look at the manual now to see if I can see it and jog my memory of what setting it is.

As for the other playing issues. I know you can get it playing great. It should be pretty close out of the box but then, I would need to be sat infant of it to get to the bottom, I just know very well what the module is capable of.

Hold that thought. (unless someone else can chime in with the answer before I do some reading up)
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sheshelj

Quote from: welshsteve on February 11, 2024, 11:24:47 PMThere's a setting in hihat, god I wish I could remember what it's called, but if you adjust that while playing it will bring the closed foot position up, and you'll get it right.

I'll have a look at the manual now to see if I can see it and jog my memory of what setting it is.

As for the other playing issues. I know you can get it playing great. It should be pretty close out of the box but then, I would need to be sat infant of it to get to the bottom, I just know very well what the module is capable of.

Hold that thought. (unless someone else can chime in with the answer before I do some reading up)

I kinda fixed it i guess i adjusted the nob with paw or raw value idk the name. I did that before but it didnt feel right so i think its okay now. But i still cant figureout how to adjust the sensitivity on my snare, its fine but it eats a note when i hit the snare at the same time, making it dificult to do rolls etc.

Also is there an option to change the rim sound on my toms to lets say a tambourine where my tom sounds like a tom but the rim sounds like a tambourine? I had that feature on milenium idk if 2box has it.

By the way thx for all the help and replys man!

kenjwright

Quote from: Sheshelj on February 13, 2024, 09:57:33 AMAlso is there an option to change the rim sound on my toms to lets say a tambourine where my tom sounds like a tom but the rim sounds like a tambourine? I had that feature on milenium idk if 2box has it.
Hi! While on the Kit->Drum page, press and hold the MORE button, then press the trigger button. Now you can use the dial to select the sound for the associated rim (PERC) channel.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

Sheshelj

Quote from: kenjwright on February 14, 2024, 09:19:57 AMHi! While on the Kit->Drum page, press and hold the MORE button, then press the trigger button. Now you can use the dial to select the sound for the associated rim (PERC) channel.

Cheers!

Ken

Yeah thx man, i guess its the same for snare rim, right?

kenjwright

Quote from: Sheshelj on February 15, 2024, 07:19:51 PMYeah thx man, i guess its the same for snare rim, right?
Yep! Snare and Toms all have the extra PERC channel.
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

Sheshelj

Quote from: kenjwright on February 17, 2024, 01:50:56 AMYep! Snare and Toms all have the extra PERC channel.

I did it for my toms, but i dont seem to be able to do it the same with my snare, i can change the files but not the actual sound when i hit it. Dont know if thats my problem or maybe im doing something wrong, but i did it with toms and the same way with the snare and it dont seem to work with the snare.

Deve Loper

Hi. Check the snare trigger settings. You need a piezo type on the rim. Compare with what you have for the toms.

Sheshelj

Quote from: Deve Loper on February 18, 2024, 08:46:20 AMHi. Check the snare trigger settings. You need a piezo type on the rim. Compare with what you have for the toms.

Excuse me but i dont undestand what and how to do that? Could you explain or link a video or a page on the manual

Deve Loper

Set a piezo type trigger for the rim. Select snare rim chan, press and hold MORE, go to UNIT TRIG and set a piezo type.
I dont know DI3 really, but something like that.
Compare with how you have the tom trigs set up.
Best, Deve.

Sheshelj

Quote from: Deve Loper on February 18, 2024, 03:00:36 PMSet a piezo type trigger for the rim. Select snare rim chan, press and hold MORE, go to UNIT TRIG and set a piezo type.
Best, Deve.

Aight will try it out, thank you

Sheshelj

Quote from: Deve Loper on February 18, 2024, 03:00:36 PMSet a piezo type trigger for the rim. Select snare rim chan, press and hold MORE, go to UNIT TRIG and set a piezo type.
Best, Deve.

I dont seem to be able to find that piezo, i dont get how to change my snare rim to sound like a rim?