News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 Module Using Other Brand Pads?

Started by Cuban, November 15, 2010, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Quote from: TrommelTheo on November 25, 2010, 09:53:22 PM
diabolo-Pads from Drum-Tec make a bette job than the original 2Box Pads, i´ve tested it in the shop, cable out, cable in, playing, without other tuning.
Hihat Cymbals is more complicated, cause they use a magnet, like old DDrum

Theo

Did the rim trigger correctly? 

Manfred

Quote from: TrommelTheo on November 25, 2010, 09:53:22 PM

Hihat Cymbals is more complicated, cause they use a magnet, like old DDrum

This is not really complicated since the level detection can be replaced by two simple resistors and a poti. I described it here:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,336.0.html

So it should be feasible to modify other pedals working with resistors/potis to the appropriate values.

The bigger problem is the detection of the zones (edge and bow). But since this is also not really reliable with the 2Box cymbal it might be dispensable. Up to now my hihat is working and i never tried another pad in place of the 2Box pad.

Manfred

ronniev

2box works well with Diamond Electronic Drums.....

The extra crash cymbal I use here is a Yamaha.

puttenvr

Nice kit, my son ...
Do the RIM triggers work as well?

ronniev

Quote from: puttenvr on December 12, 2010, 06:52:30 PM
Nice kit, my son ...
Do the RIM triggers work as well?

Yes.....it's all there.... :)

Evy

very spiffy looking kit!  how does it feel compared to 2Box?  Or others for that matter.

Geoff

Last night I tested the 2box with my roland TD4 via MIDI send. If you are on the right channel and set to the right note then everything will transpose nicely.
Of course the response you get from the 2box will only be as good as the pads you are using to trigger the sound but if you go into your 'other' brain then MIDI the signal to the 2box... the rest is win.

puttenvr

Did you test Roland pads with the Td4
or did you midi up both modules?
Weren't the dynamics limited by the capabilities of the Roland?

torbs

Hi

I own a ddrum 4 and am thinking of just buying the module. I think the ddrum pads (not mesh-heads) will work.
But do the ddrum cymbals work? Or can you recomand another brand for cymbals and the hihat?
Is there a video of ddrum pads or other cymbals working with the 2box module?

Thanks in advance.

cheers
T

torbs

Yeah, I saw the video before. But I haven't got the mesh-pads. I have got the cast-precision-pads. And I thought I could get a few more infos about the compatability of the ddrum cymbal-pads and the ddrum hihat. In the video it looks like if there are some issues with the bell on the ride. Any more/new infos about this?

jw-smaal

Gents,

Most if not all of these pads regardless of which brand are using piezzo elements. All of these work just fine on the 2box. 

You can buy piezo elements for less than a EURO they are dirt cheap!  Stick them on a piece of wood or a hard-hat (makes a great act on stage; may want to use mallets) and it will trigger the 2box.     If you need edge/rim etc... simply use two piezzo elements and create a y-cable it's not rocket science.     

Now maybe if someone made accoustic drum triggers with optical pickups we may have some issues...       

torbs

Hi,

got an answer of hyperactive (german distributeur) regarding
using the ddrum4 pads. The pads and kick will work, cymbals just mono.
The hi-hat won't work at all.

all the best
Thorsten

rcprod

Just tried a Roland PD-80R pad and it works well. This is a two zone pad and I used a balanced 1/4" cable.

If I have a single zone pad is it ok to plug a regular unbalanced 1/4" cable into the Drumit module, or can this damage the inputs?

Thanks. 

fishmonkey

it shouldn't matter.

the inputs aren't balanced audio inputs, they are simply using stereo/balanced cables to transmit two different trigger signals down the one cable.