News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 MK1 lagging

Started by Armageddon, January 10, 2024, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Hello!

I'm a long time user of the drumit 5 MK1 module.
I use it mainly to trigger my kick drums (I play two bass drums) but also to play prerecorded intro parts (with the play track function on different kits) and to trigger some sound fx (with a dedicated pad I assign a custom sample to it).
Everything else is acoustic drums.

Because of the intro tracks and samples, I had to replace the stock internal 4 GB SD card to a bigger one. I did not do any other modification like the cable one to put the sd card outside.

Right now in a new band, I'm not using samples yet so I'm only triggering the kicks.

What is happening on every rehearsal, at least one or two times, is some lag in the kick sample playback.
For a few seconds the module starts to react with a delay, not triggering the hits, then playing all the missed hits at the same time. This for a few cycles over around 5 seconds.

In fact it seems that the module registered the hits, but have to wait a small time to playback the samples, but then does this very quickly to catch up with the delay.
Think of it as if the module was dragging, then rushing, then dragging, then rushing again (anyone thinking about the movie "Whiplash"?  :) ).

The problem was not there before and I did not change anything for a few years.

What do you suggest?
Is it possible the SD card is dying ?
Does the drumit 5 MK1 constantly read from the SD card and does not simply load from it in memory and playback from there ? That could explain the problem if from time to time the SD Card is not responding.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advices!

welshsteve

Sounds to me like the classic SD card issue.

There's a certain type of cards that have been shown to work really well, and a list of other that do not. I don't have the list to hand. But I recommend contacting Anders at Zurmann drums. He's on this site and it very knowledgeable about these things.

Good luck.

PS I would not recommend accessing the internal card if it's larger than 4gb but the USB slot. There's a risk of some major issues (some physical) that could occur if you do.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!