News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Here is for another year of 2box nothingness

Started by edcito, January 01, 2024, 03:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

welshsteve

Yeah it's a shame isn't it? I am sure they could really push the envelope if given then right circumstances. Which basically means money.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

JB

My first post here, serious question. (I think I know but don't want to assume). 
What do you mean by this? Or the inverse, what would 'somethingness' look like?

welshsteve

He means that another year of no new modules, products or significant updates.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

blackSaturn

Maybe they're working on something, and it's just not ready yet. I hope they don't end like ATV though: started kinda big and then went silent for what... 6 years?

JB

Understood. Nice to meet you both.
I've been on my 2box D5 with 682 mesh heads since June 2014. Solely for practice and to keep peace with family and neighbors. Mucked with about 25% of the settings and customized a few kits but I'm inspired to take things to the next level, like triggering samples. You'll see me around as I experiment some more.

The deeper I search on the module SW the more I find, really impressed and nothing but 5 star things to say about 2box. Unit is tough as a rock and the early HH problem I had was kindly and instantly addressed with a repair in the US. Sad to hear a lack of enthusiasm(?) for a product/company I love.

Curious when the D5 MKII and Speedlight kit were released? Seems they're less expensive now ($1800.00 if I've converted from Euros correctly) than my original unit.

Thanks for the replies. Peace.

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on January 20, 2024, 03:21:27 AMHe means that another year of no new modules, products or significant updates.
Yeah, it's been 5 years they released the drumit3 along with the last OS update 1.36.3
They haven't done anything in 5 years and I expect won't do anything this year too...