News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ride cymbal and hihat zone sounds

Started by ekikoo, December 28, 2023, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekikoo

Hi all, new owner of 2box Speelight kit & Drumit3  :D

I've taken some time to set up a kit, calibrating hihat and adjusting gains & triggering for the pads. However, I've yet to understand how to edit the ride cymbal, because by default all the zones (edge, bow, bell) have the same sound. I found the option where you change the "+++" to something else, this changes the sound for all zones to have either crash, ride, bell... Could you point me to the correct menu where I set up the bell sound for the bell zone, ride for bow zone and a "crash" for the edge zone? Or if it's in the manual and I missed it, which section would have the info? :D

Also by default it seems my hihat bow zone has a LOT more gain and the edge is quieter, though it seems its the same sample playing, how to select the bow zone and decrease the gain?

Thanks!

welshsteve

The bell, bow and edge sounds are fixed to that ride you have selected. It's not like other modules where you can have a bow off one ride, a bell off another and a crash of another. If that's what you mean?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ekikoo

Quote from: welshsteve on December 29, 2023, 01:07:57 AMThe bell, bow and edge sounds are fixed to that ride you have selected. It's not like other modules where you can have a bow off one ride, a bell off another and a crash of another. If that's what you mean?

Hi, thanks for the reply! I mean that as I just booted the Drumit3 module (with 2box speedlight kit), my #1 kit is called "Randy_Black_Kit_1" and I have tweaked that by changing some sounds in the KIT-DRUM-screen. For the ride pad (connected to CYMB 2A input) I have chosen a sound called "RB_Ride_R". When I hit the different zones on the pad, the same bow sample is played, but I'm looking to make the ride pad work so that each zone would play a different sample accordingly  :) Edge plays the crash, bow is the bow, bell is bell...

tex2bdrum

did you use trs or ts kable?, try an other ride file (swiss ride) and hit the edge and bell a bit harder
2Box 5 Mk2, AtE Kit (PDP M5, 22, 10, 12, 14, 14) Yamaha Cybs, VH-11, Drum-Dok Triggers, drum-tec heads, Lustar Software, EzD 2 & 3, SSD 5 free, Yeah, Rock On;-))
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__XVyYnu2tTcZ1NGnd_gJA

ekikoo

Quote from: tex2bdrum on December 29, 2023, 12:11:11 PMdid you use trs or ts kable?, try an other ride file (swiss ride) and hit the edge and bell a bit harder

I'm using the cables included in the kit, which are TRS stereo cables. I tried the file "Swiss_PR_22_Ride" but it acts the same as other files.

Note: the edge zone started working when I yanked with the cables, so now I have edge and bow, but no bell  :P

ekikoo

Unrelated: A while ago while playing, all sound suddenly stopped and the display sais "FAT_ERROR". Can't connect to PC via USB as I get an error with that as well. I searched for info, and all FAT_ERROR-related stuff is about an SD card, which the drumit three does not have as far as I know. Oh well...

tex2bdrum

Drumit 3 has a internal SD card, did you by it new ore used?, if new i would return it :-(
2Box 5 Mk2, AtE Kit (PDP M5, 22, 10, 12, 14, 14) Yamaha Cybs, VH-11, Drum-Dok Triggers, drum-tec heads, Lustar Software, EzD 2 & 3, SSD 5 free, Yeah, Rock On;-))
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC__XVyYnu2tTcZ1NGnd_gJA

ekikoo

Quote from: tex2bdrum on December 29, 2023, 03:45:53 PMDrumit 3 has a internal SD card, did you by it new ore used?, if new i would return it :-(

It was new, so I contacted the store and let's see what they say :D  I should probably tell them about the ride pad as well, if the zones are supposed to work right away without any hassle.

EDIT: So I'm rather convinced that I have a faulty ride pad, the store asked for a video and I will provide it for them, also probably sending the Drumit unit for warranty switch.

Meanwhile, would somebody have an idea about the 2Box hihat, there seems to be a bow zone that is much louder than the edge zone, can this be edited? :)