News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 Latency still there in 2023

Started by edcito, July 31, 2023, 08:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

I just bought a new drumit 3 from thomann and imported the default kit of the Hitmaker SD3 expansion to the stock card, it was unplayable, especially snare and ride.... it's really sad and annoying that we are still facing this. It's going back to thomann...

welshsteve

Was that across the boards, as in, was this the same with the onboard sounds?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on July 31, 2023, 10:27:42 PMWas that across the boards, as in, was this the same with the onboard sounds?

I didn't bother with the stock kits since I had to delete all the toms to copy the SD3 kit over...

edcito

Ok, I decided to keep it, I was going the split the toms anyway to add more cymbals so I set all their X-Trig to off and that helped to reduce the latency to a minimum even with decay set to infinity, for me this setting is the culprit of the latency with samples loaded from SD3.

edcito

So, after spending all weekend exporting and testing kits with SDSE, I just went for the best solution: install the old 1.32.4 OS version and the latency is not an issue anymore, I split my toms anyway, if you need more pads you can get a second module.

welshsteve

Wow, so an OS upgrade is a contributor to latency? I'd have never have thought that could be the case. Hopefully this info can be very useful to a new user!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Yes, the Xtlk settings introduced with 1.34 are for me the culprit of the latency, it's not the samples, as I mentioned many times I've sent the samples to all the 2box experts out there and none could find anything wrong with them.

edcito

BTW, the module came with a "Kingston Canvas Select Plus" 4GB Micro SD card in an adapter.