News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cracking and popping when recording. using behringer mixer

Started by HittinStix, July 26, 2023, 02:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HittinStix

Hey all,

1st post and i have to say the Drumit3 is everything i could have ever wished for in a module.i was able calibrate the rhh135 and yamaha dtx 700 setup i had to work with the drumit2 and did the mod.have sampled all the sd3 and 3 stuff into dsnds......
My question is in relation to the 1nd 2 output on the module.i have those set to mix! so the volume control knob doesn't affect the output. im running into a 8 track behringer mixer(passive but does have phantom power but not using) i have the gain and levels set at about halfway and the master ouyput about 1/3 in volume output.im running into a Zoom Q2n4k for recording audio/video.....theres no peaking in any of the vu meter on either the mixer or the camera. Bu i keep getting cracks and pops like too much signal.i checked the level outputs for each pad and with my hardest strike im hitting about a 3.5 on the 2box level meter. popping seems to be from bass and toms..is it possible to have too much signal going out to the board even if its a fixed level.does the mixer levels on the fader screen affect the mix out to 1 and 2?  sorry for such a long winded question!