News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi-hat triggers reversed

Started by danla, June 29, 2023, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danla

Hi - I wonder if anyone here can help. I've run into a weird problem with my drumit 5 unit. The metronome was working erratically, as in only after about 10 restarts of the unit, and I couldn't see any obvious hardware issue so I decided to try a factory reset, as described in comment 4 of this thread https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=2338.0. That didn't fix the problem, but what did happen is that now the hi-hat triggers are reversed, so if I want to play it closed I have to let the pedal up and if I want it open I have to push the pedal down. I've tried with the other cymbals to see what the default hi-hat sound is, by plugging them into the hi-hat input, and it seems that open hi-hat is the default sound, that is when playing without any pedal modifier at all. Has anybody else had this problem? As to the erratic metronome, that's for another day, right now I want a normal hi-hat.

Thanks

Daniel

ANGR77

Interesting.

May I ask you which 2box OS version are you running on?

If the hi-hat get reversed - there is a trick available to do the opposite when calibrating the hh. Keep it open when the calibration tells you keep it closed - and closed when the calibration tells you to keep it open.

2box can handle reversed hh in newer 2Box OS's. (1.36.3) (You get a "R" in the calibation page display)

Best Regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Deve Loper

Hi all!
From v 1.2x (I know, ages ago...)
UNIT-HPED page

"MIDI selects between continuous controller 1 or 4. The CC value range can be set from 0 when open to 127 when closed (arrow down) or from 0 when closed to 127 when open (arrow up). Normally MIDI pedal data is only sent just before a note on, selections with a ! indicate that pedal changes are sent continuously. Pedal down transmits control change and note on, the corresponding note off is send when the pedal moves up again. A short time between down and up results in a foot splash, a longer time results in a foot chick."

Edit, this is for midi send / recvd.
For the actual pedal ctrl behaviour before midi, it might indeed be different now. V1.2x only expected the original hall sensor hhat.

danla

Thanks for the replies. Recalibrating fixed the hi-hat. Metronome is still not working, but that's another story.

ANGR77

Regarding the metronome...it uses sounds from the 2box library...if they are missing...no sound from the metronome.

Best regards

Anders/ Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com