News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2 box Drumit 3 and Studio Drummer

Started by amyphilfernandes, April 26, 2023, 12:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amyphilfernandes

I am using Cubase and Studio Drummer to record my drums. For mapping it has Drumit 5 already loaded in Studio Drummer but I am using a Drumit 3 (with a 2 cymbal Lemon hi hat, similar to Roland Vh 12) I was able to remap a few triggers so now everything triggers when I strike but the issue I am having is sometimes when I have a closed hi hat and strike it sounds open or when it is open and I strike it sometimes it sounds closed. Is there anyway I can adjust this so that it properly reflects what I am doing?
Thanks in advance (I must say this is a great support forum)

welshsteve

Have you checked if the module is doing this too, I mean, if the sounds of it is and not how it transmits the midi?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

amyphilfernandes

Quote from: welshsteve on April 27, 2023, 12:48:46 PMHave you checked if the module is doing this too, I mean, if the sounds of it is and not how it transmits the midi?

Hi welshsteve,
When I play the kit with just the 2box module and plug in headphones it works perfectly. The hats respond as I want them to with full open, partial closed and full closed. It is just when I use studio Drummer I don't get the same responses.
Any idea on what to do? Is there a way I can teach studio Drummer what a full open, partial closed and full closed is?
Thank you

welshsteve

Right, so it doesn't seem to be the module then, otherwise you'd hear it there too. Midi notes (and all relevant data) are generated then sent to the sounds in the module as well as out of the midi out socket. I don't know Studio drummer to know about it to be able to suggest what the issue is. Do you have any other VSTs to try?
There's a bunch of free version ones about there, I know SSD5 does a fully functioning version with 2 kits. Modo drum from IK media also. Anyway, check if the issue happens on another VST.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!