News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Issue# Drumit 3 freezes!

Started by Nick, April 13, 2023, 07:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hello
I had a weird problem, have dr3 about 10 months, and yestarday playing it suddenly freezed, and no sound, bottons where unusefull. Then i reset and worked, but a couple of minutes, it freezed again.
Pd: the others day it was unplugged by error, hope this not afect
Thanks y please help

ANGR77

As discussed - it could be a SD Card error which makes the 2box module to freeze. Another thing to check is if any changes have be done lately on the trigger settings. If any trigger have got a wrong trigger type defined - the 2box will temporarily freeze for some milliseconds to half a second...but it will not completely freeze the system - just occasionally and be lagging drum sounds when playing.

But my 2cents will be to try a new SD card.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Nick

OK, If its is SD card, How can arrange this change?, I am on Chile... A little far... and local distributors, are just wierd about this...

The issue is exactly this: playing normaly... and suddenly freezes completely... can`t do anything ,neither turn volume... up or down, completely dead... only that blue led still light on, freaky..
I am trying to remember some changes on triggers but nothing special... or anything different and was that power supply one day disconnected... so maybe internal configuration, or may SD card burn, dont know... in other forum they told me to erase data...Altough i need help.

ANGR77

If You want to reset the module the task is the following:

By pressing the more + kit button for more than 2 seconds at the same time - the system will show which dkit file it is using- probably the DrumIt3.dkit. If you change this by pressing prev or next - you can then select the DrumItInit.dkit file. After doing this, Just reboot the 2box system and your system are reset and starting with the default settings for everything. (No need to download and install all files again - they are untouched)

If you want to go back - you old config still remains in the DrumIt3.dkit.

Best regards

Anders
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Nick

Thanks Anders!, didnt know that.. I will try.
But as I read also it could be SD card as many people told me, or also some corrupt .dnsd files... Well thanks a lot! If anyone have any other idea, I`m open to hear!

welshsteve

Getting a replacement SD card would be my course of action. That's assuming SD cards are available in your country. They're not expensive, at least I assume they're not in your country. Though the kind/type of card is paramount for good operation in the Drumit module. I don't know off hand what kind to look for. Perhaps someone can chime in with the specifications you'll need.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

jjbelgium

Hey there,
I had this same issue because of a faulty SD card, if I hit the module by mistake it freezes...
Change your SD card by copying it on your computer, formatting the new in fat32, cluster at 32ko with windows disk manager and test it.