News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

MK1 Hi-Hat magnetic controller

Started by swamp420, April 01, 2023, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp420

Hi all,  Anybody out there know where to get a replacement magnet?  I just got the whole hi-hat set up and there it's missing. They seem to be sold out everywhere online. Is there a diy fix?  Thanks for the help.

swamp420

I bought it, thanks again. It seems like somebody should have figured out a homemade solution for this since they are so hard to find. Who on here is an engineer 😃

welshsteve

Glad I could be of help.They don't pop up often so you're lucky! As for finding a solution, as far as I know there's no magic involved other than a magnet and a foam buffer. But I would assume there's a particular strength of magnetism needed for it to function properly.
2box have abandoned this design for hihat to support Alesis/Roland etc hihats. Though the speedlight kit hihat does work on the same style but different design hihiat, that's made by Medelli, who provide pads and cymbals for all sorts of e-drum manufacturers.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

swamp420

The MK2 looks awesome, they basically fixed all the quirks and then some. I've already been researching how to determine magnetic strength and my friend sells 3d printers, I feel like once my magnet arrives we can come up with something.  I'll keep you posted.