News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

US power supply

Started by swamp420, March 22, 2023, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp420

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I apologize for asking this question again. I got a used drumit 5 and it came with a euro plug. I searched this forum and all the links to purchase them are old and don't work. I called the US distributor and they said they would call me back but that was days ago...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

welshsteve

Quote from: swamp420 on March 22, 2023, 10:06:29 PMHello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I apologize for asking this question again. I got a used drumit 5 and it came with a euro plug. I searched this forum and all the links to purchase them are old and don't work. I called the US distributor and they said they would call me back but that was days ago...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Is it the orange one or the back one with orange writing.

Basically, is it drumit5 mk1 or mkII?

Mark 1 was powered by 18volts AC current. Very important you get AC/AC adaptor.

The MkII was changed to be powered by DC current. I can't remember what voltage, but I think it's 9volt. I'll have a look online and will report back.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

(From the manual of the drumit5 MkII)

make sure it is a 12V/1000mA DC power
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

kenjwright

If this is for the original DrumIt Five (aka mk1) then this JAMECO unit from Amazon will work.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

swamp420

Quote from: welshsteve on March 23, 2023, 03:43:26 AMIs it the orange one or the back one with orange writing.

Basically, is it drumit5 mk1 or mkII?

Mark 1 was powered by 18volts AC current. Very important you get AC/AC adaptor.

The MkII was changed to be powered by DC current. I can't remember what voltage, but I think it's 9volt. I'll have a look online and will report back.

It's the mkI, I figured out the power supply and got it from the link below on Amazon, thanks! Now how do I hook up the hi hat with only one plug? I'm sure it's some sort of splitter cable but I have no idea which one. I'm using Roland pads. Thanks again!

kenjwright

Quote from: swamp420 on March 24, 2023, 03:51:20 AMIt's the mkI, I figured out the power supply and got it from the link below on Amazon, thanks! Now how do I hook up the hi hat with only one plug? I'm sure it's some sort of splitter cable but I have no idea which one. I'm using Roland pads. Thanks again!
You'll need one of the Zourman converters to use Roland Hats with the DrumIt.
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4