News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

floating rim too sensitive?

Started by marcokiss, November 09, 2010, 01:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcokiss

Hi,
I just got my new 2box mkII. One of the first kit in Canada I believe.
I really like the kit so far. However, I have one technical issue. The floating rim of one of the toms seems to be too sensitive. It triggers when the tom vibrates. I get the rim sound when I play that tom or when I play the tom besides it. The setting of this pad is identical to that of the other toms and I tried to switch the cables or assign this pad to another input and it does the same thing. Any idea?
Thanks
Marc

fishmonkey

i would disassemble the tom and make sure nothing is out of place. it's pretty easy, just remove all the bolts.

marcokiss

I disassembled the pad and everything was fine. I put the mesh head back on and tightened the head a little more than what it was before and it seemed to fix the issue.

puttenvr

Mesh heads always need to be cranked up

Scottie

Hi Marc

Have you adjusted the gain and threshold on the Rim? If you press UNIT then the PAGE-DOWN button to the TRIG page, you will then see the gain and thres parameters. Hold down the MORE button and then press the pad that you would like to access the rim. Try adjusting the values in that page, to see if it will help with the sensitivity, also try adjusting the curve on the rim as well.

Thanks
Scott