News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

To upgrade or not????

Started by StudioG4, March 21, 2023, 06:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StudioG4

Is it really necessary to upgrade from a MKI to MKII? Is the triggering THAT much better to justify purchasing a new module? My current triggering is OK (side mounted internal "WRONKA" triggers) but when I watch videos of the comparable market module offerings, I see my limitations.
I've always had a bit of a problem with the processing in the module (the sound of converted dsnds sound a bit thinner and compressed compared to the original waves but I understand that has not been updated). I'm not sure if I should wait until NAMM to see if there is anything new.
I value your opinions.
Many thanks.

welshsteve

The only real benefit to you to upgrade to a mk2 module is if you're using or plan to use, Yamaha cymbal/pads or Roland cymbals/hihats.
If that's a no, then I wouldn't upgrade personally.
Re sound degradation, do you set max tune to 0 when making your DSNDs?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

StudioG4

Thanks welshsteve. That saves me $$ I don't have to spend (hopefully used towards a new 2Box future module???).
I usually don't change the default max tune in SDSE unless absolutely necessary.

welshsteve

Right, so setting max tune to 0 will improve the quality of the DSDN over the original file quite a lot. I can't say whether it's a perfect, but it's definitely a lot closer than it is when setting max tune to 4 (the default)
Give it a try and see.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!