News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How to make cymbal chokeable

Started by amyphilfernandes, March 14, 2023, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amyphilfernandes

I bought a 2 zoned China cymbal that is chokeable and I have to use Tom 4 input to plug it in (it is the only input in Tom 4 and I am using a stereo cable). As it is the choke function doesn't work. Does anyone know how to program the choke in this format?
Thank you

welshsteve

If you're plugged into channel 4 with a stereo cable, tried all the available trigger type, and you're still not getting a choke. I have heard this before but it'll prove that the choke unfortunately is something reserved for the cymbal inputs, and the "cym" trigger types are the only ones which supper the choke.

If there every is a Drumit6 (I am very confident there will be) they make the trigger ins, like the edrumin, truly universal.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

amyphilfernandes

I should have stated that I am using a Drumit 3 module. (Not sure if that makes a difference to my question). Thank you

amyphilfernandes

Quote from: welshsteve on March 14, 2023, 04:11:43 AMIf you're plugged into channel 4 with a stereo cable, tried all the available trigger type, and you're still not getting a choke. I have heard this before but it'll prove that the choke unfortunately is something reserved for the cymbal inputs, and the "cym" trigger types are the only ones which supper the choke.

If there every is a Drumit6 (I am very confident there will be) they make the trigger ins, like the edrumin, truly universal.
Thank you for your response.

welshsteve

Drumit3, 5mk II and the original Drumit5 all follow the same input listing. Really the only thing to change between them all is the universal trigger interface on the Di3 and the Di5 Mk II. Oh and the cosmetic design.

If you're getting both bow/edge on Tom 4 and it triggers okay, I guess that's a plus. But I know what you meanm it's a shame all inputs don't have all trigger types available so you could say, have 5 or 6 fully working cymbals and just a 1 up 1 down tom set-up, but there you go.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!