News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

dsnd containing single sample, but still velocity sensitive?

Started by FunkyDrummer, November 08, 2010, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkyDrummer

Is there a way to load into the unit a dsnd that contains a single sample, but have it played back at different volume levels according to the pad velocity?

I'm in the process of making dsnd files from some old drum machine samples, eg 808, 909

for example, to get an 808 kick that responds to different velocities, I have to make many layers all with different volumes.  However, I would be happy with just that one single sample, played back at different volume levels

So in other words, instead of working out the velocities at dsnd creation time,
can the drumit5 unit do vary the volume at when playing the kit instead?
It would sure save a lot of time when transferring certain types of sounds (esp drum machine ones, slices from sampled grooves and loops etc)

Hope this makes sense ! Thanks again...

nonoduweb

You just have to make a single layered file (with one sample), the module will play it at several volumes regarding how you hit the pad.

FunkyDrummer

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 08, 2010, 12:19:32 PM
You just have to make a single layered file (with one sample), the module will play it at several volumes regarding how you hit the pad.

Aha yes thankfully you are right!

What was confusing me was that the preview DSoundTool plays at same level no matter where I click on the coloured area.

But when I transfer the dsnd it to the unit, it is in fact velocity sensitive.

Super!