News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Unit Freezing/Cutting Out.

Started by Chris, February 15, 2023, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi.

HW Config: Serial number is 000148, Boot is 1.37, OS 1.36.3, all cabling replaced yesterday.

Background: I just bought a used 2box MKll. The only history I have on the unit is that it was bought by a recording studio a while ago and I was reassured that all was running perfect except for the fact that the power button does not stay in the on position... and an elastic band is used to keep the button suppressed and the unit on.

Problem: The unit frequently "cuts out". Meaning that at frequent random intervals the unit will either not process any sound or will have a significant delay accompanied by static/distortion. This happens regardless of whether it is a drum or cymbal that is triggered.

Ask: Any and all suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Chris
------------------------

welshsteve

The cutting out sounds like the SD card read-speed issue that's been reported. I am guessing here though, I assume the card is the one that came with it? Even so, I had a dodgy SD card from factory with one of the Di3 units I had, once replaced it was fine. There's a thread on here which covers the best cards for the the 2box module, I can't think off hand what one that is.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sabian63

I had this problem and it was fixed by replacing the sd card. I recommend getting one from Zourman Drums - he has a stock of original 2box cards.

I hope it all works out.

Chris

Good morning.

Thank you for the advice. I replaced the 32GB card with a 64GB card and it now works fine. I had also read that everyone has been having issues with cards >32GB. I'm not sure if I solved this issue but the method I used worked flawlessly. See my post here. https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?msg=32659

Again, thanks for the help.

Cheers
Chris

jjbelgium

Quote from: Sabian63 on February 16, 2023, 09:43:21 PMI had this problem and it was fixed by replacing the sd card. I recommend getting one from Zourman Drums - he has a stock of original 2box cards.

I hope it all works out.
Same for me, distortion/delay while playing solved with another SD card