News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal samples!

Started by ANGR77, December 30, 2022, 08:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

Hi all and hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Holidays always gives you some free time to play some drums - and find the inspiration! 

I recently upgraded my home studio setup with some new equipment and was doing some tests...but I ended up with sampling some nice cymbals. (I have the whole range in the Paste PST7 series - about 9 cymbals.)

I made a recording of a 14" Thin Crash in the PST7 Series with 3 zones (bow, edge and bell), 74-80 layers each, about 235 layers in total creating a 126MB file. I was using all my old knowledge of creating and editing sounds for 2box and the result can be found here if anybody is interested: 

https://zourman.com/product/paiste-pst7-14-thin-crash-sample-for-2box-drumit-five-three-and-mkii/

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

ANGR77

BaoRozzo

Hi!

I have bought all of these sounds above, and I really love them!
I suggest to everyone to give them a chance.
They sound really natural and well recorded.
I'm really happy of my purchase!
Also the support from Anders has been great (I also bought the 64Gb card from him/Zourman and the snares).
I LOVE MUSIC

welshsteve

That's some great feedback indeed, great work Anders!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Thanks for good feedback!

The idea is to also 3 more cymbals in the PST7 Series. Coming up: 16,18 and 19 thin crashes. The 19" is the best I ever tried...I will also add the 14" hi-hat from the same series.

Then I will continue with my Pearl Crystal Beat kit...5 toms, kick and snare which also have been fine tuned with TuneBot. (A great tool - to get most out of the drums)

Best Regards

Anders / Zourman.com 

welshsteve

I can attest that making a sample from scratch isn't easy, weirdly the easy part is the sampling itself. The editing and cutting up of the samples is the bit that I stumbled on quite a bit when I made my Tama samples. And time consuming too, I gave myself square eyes staring at a computer for hours making mine. And the results were not quite how I planned, when I eventually got to try them on a 2box module that is.

I have a question for you Anders with regards to hihat samples. I can't recall how many layers I used, but what's your guide for layers/levels of open and closed? I went with more is more, and on their own they seemed fine, I found them clunky when using other drums. So perhaps I had way too many sampled loaded in?

Just curious as I do intend to fix all of mine, maybe even redo them.

Thanks in advance.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!