News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 RAW value not changing with hi hat

Started by dainamo, September 08, 2022, 11:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dainamo

Hello. I bought the Hi Hat cymbal that normally comes with the 2box speedlight kit for my drummit, but I've had no luck setting up it. When the Hi Hat controller portion of the cymbal is plugged in the RAW gets set to 981, and attempting to adjust the RAW knob results in no change, unless I unplug the cymbal, then the value can be changed, but when I plug the cymbal back in the value goes right back to 981. The RAW values are changeable when the Hi Hat type is set to ALEHH but then I can't get the Hi hat to work correctly. Unsure about what to do.

ANGR77

What is "normally comes with speedlight" for kind of hh? Is it the original?

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

If it's the same as the speedlight kit that I tried out, it runs from the 2box trigger type. So that's a Hall Sensor right?
A nice pad with a very ATV look and feel, the downside was it was single zone only.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

dainamo

I believe the hats are made by a company called HXM, Millenium also seem to use the same hats for their MPS-1000 kit, which are the ones I'm trying to get set up. When I set the Hi Hat type to 2BOXHH it don't seem to get any response either. The CALIB simply displays a dash as if the Hi Hat wasn't plugged in. I am using a stereo cable, as well.

welshsteve

Damn, I wish I was able to sit behind one and test out the optimum settings for this. Perhaps there's a fault with it.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

dainamo

I'm hoping there's just a fault with this particular pad. The pad itself feels really nice to play, and this one has bow and edge triggering. Would be great if the HH controller actually worked.

edcito

When using the speedlight hihat there's no need to calibrate it, just set it as 2box type and turn the raw knob fully clockwise or "positive", you may need to reset the module first to factory settings.