Author Topic: Occasional Sound Drop-outs?  (Read 349 times)

Sabian63

• View Profile
Occasional Sound Drop-outs?
« on: August 23, 2022, 10:00:29 PM »
Have a DI5 Mk2 which I love - but a couple of times I have had the module sound just cut out randomly for a few seconds and then come back in. Has anyone had this happen to them? Do you know what makes it happen? I’m struggling to replicate it on purpose. It’s very annoying and makes me reluctant to use it in a live setting. Any tips on solving the issue would be gratefully received. fYI I’m running SSD on a 64gb sd card.

Thanks

Chris

Karbonfaiba

• Analysis Paralysis!
    • View Profile
Re: Occasional Sound Drop-outs?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 10:10:10 PM »
What 64 GB SD Card are you using exactly?

Sabian63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 08:44:20 AM »
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 48 Mbps

Karbonfaiba

• Analysis Paralysis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:23:37 AM »
SanDisk Ultra SDHC is pretty old but is well vouched for by experienced users here. I think the various speed ratings they offer are questionable. I much prefer the modern MicroSDs which have the A1 rating on them so I have the certainty of high IOPS and therefore, low access latency. The reliability factor is unfortunately always luck of the draw.

I would download SSD-Z http://aezay.dk/aezay/ssdz/

Run the random access time benchmark and make sure you are getting under 0.5ms on average across the board with no spikes beyond 1ms on that SanDisk Ultra
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:28:14 AM by Karbonfaiba »

Sabian63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 04:15:38 PM »
I seem to have solved this by purchasing a sound card from Anders at Zourman... no drop-outs since. Have to say I am relieved as I thought I might have to purchase an alternative module for live use...