News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

I'm stuck... Midi from Td17 to drumit 5, snare rim midi note??

Started by drumguy777, January 05, 2023, 03:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumguy777

Thanks for any help.

I'm going from a Td17 kit (via midi cable) to the midi in on the drumit5. I saw in the manual how to configure midi notes and I now can, for instance, make a snare head hit on my Td17 snare make the snare sound on the drumit 5 play, via midi. All great.

Issue is, the rimshot didn't seem to fire. I read in the manual that the rim midi note for a pad must be the next step after the primary pad note... Ie, if the snare midi note is c3, the rim should be c#3... And we can not even change that rim note if we wanted.

So I set the midi note of my snare rim on the Td17 to the next note up, but I get nothing on the drumit 5 when I hit rim. Head is fine though.

If no sound fires when I hit the snare rim on the Td17, and the "snare" light does not light up, am I doing something wrong? The drumit 5 does support this right?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

drumguy777

An update on case anyone in the future has a similar question... I have it working now, at least the snare is. I don't know what the issue was, but I made sure the rim snare midi note from the td17 matched the run midi note for the share, which is seen by holding the more button and pressing the snare button on the drumit module.

welshsteve

I remember on the old drumit5 trying to midi map to to Superior drummer 2, the hihat was the main issues. The bow and edges were the opposite way around. As you stated with the snare, you can move the primary note, but the secondary note moves in relation with it.
I eventually got it sorted within Superior drummer 2 itself, but this was early doors for me with VSTs so it was achived with a lot of trial and error.

Hope you get the rest of it triggering good!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!