News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

MK1 drumit5 module and Roland triple cone sensor system.

Started by JonR, August 16, 2022, 11:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonR

I need to get a replacement snare pad for my 10 year old Drumit 5 MK1 module. The plastic rim and rubber dampener have cracked and split and spares are no longer available.

I am looking at buying a Roland PDA120LS-BK, however, I'm not sure if the triple cone sensor system on this pad will be compatible with my old module. On the Roland site, it says it is still a 2 sensor pad (head/rim).

Thanks for any help.

welshsteve

you can retro fit a triple flanged hoop on a 2box pad, I had a guy sent me pics of how he did it. I'll find them and will upload to dropbox and you can see if it's something worth doing.

Other than that, 12' 2box pads do pop up on eBay occasionally, you could have a saved search to alert you when one does.

Failing that, the Roland 12" pad that's on the TD17 kit would probably be a better replacement, as it's virtually the same design.

Or you could pick up a cheap 12" snare drum, put the mesh head on it and either get an internal side mounted trigger like the Triggera Intrig, Helenssen TM1 or similar, or an external 2box Trig it, all would work great.

I can't say which is the best, would need to compare side by side, but all options above would work fine.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!