News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pintech LTE Low volume cymbals with 2 Box

Started by Slamstick, August 14, 2022, 06:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Anybody using Pintech LTE Cymbals with your 2 box module? If so, how are they?
My son is putting together an e kit with a PDP Concept Maple kit  and he asked me about these. I have no idea. Looked for vid's, no vids!

kenjwright

I've had the 18" Ride for a couple of years. It is the two zone Bow/Bell version using piezo/piezo. I have tried with a few different modules and none could really do good separation of the bow and bell. Only eDRUMin was able to provide decent separation which worked fine for my use case (ddrum4se extension). I like the look and feel. Ambient noise is just a tick, tick and the feel is like a "real" cymbal. There are different trigger types available for the different models so I would suggest a call to Stephen Yeager at Pintech before deciding on a purchase as he has a very broad knowledge of past & current modules and is very helpful. I also use the PC14 & 16s in single and dual zones for crashes and am happy with those. I don't like the feel for a ride though (soft rubber strike pad vs. metal). I also prefer the weight of the LTE for a ride, again closer to an acoustic in feel.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4