News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Out of tom imputs

Started by Slamstick, July 31, 2022, 06:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Hi guys, I have used all 4 tom inputs, and would like to add one more. Without hooking a other 2 Box Drumut 5 up , which I have, what might be another alternative.  I have mist of my kits set up for a 10, 12 , 14, 16 but I have an 8 tom not being used. Roland TM1 or TM6, or something else?

kenjwright

Quote from: Stoked2 on July 31, 2022, 06:17:58 PM
Hi guys, I have used all 4 tom inputs, and would like to add one more.
If you are not utilizing the rim sounds for the existing toms, then you can easily add 4 more physical pads by using a TRS->TS cable splitter for each port to expand as described in the manual and setting the sounds of your choice to the associated/linked percussion channel. This automatically overrides the rim sounds per split channel and is the official/supported method for adding extra pads without additional hardware. The splitter is the only added piece of gear, the rest is configuration in the module.
Quote from: Stoked2 on July 31, 2022, 06:17:58 PM
Roland TM1 or TM6, or something else?
The Roland trigger modules will add ports, but then you are using the built-in (limited) Roland sounds and dynamics rather than 2box, extra line outs, etc. So that extra tom would be an odd ball to match. You could use MIDI but then you may as well just use the splitter and remove the extra latency and port mapping.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4