News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DI5 Mk2 reliability- gigging

Started by docadiddle2, July 22, 2022, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docadiddle2

Well I am eventually for the first time going to play a full gig using my 2Box module with a mix of rubber pads, DIY mesh snare, Roland and Speedlight cymbals.

Just to set my mind at rest, what has people's experience been regarding reliability? I've played it for ages at home and in rehearsals over the last 18m or so without even a squeak once the original SD card had been replaced. I've got a spare duplicate SD card and a spare power supply, both tested and working!

Anything else I need to think about? I'm sure all our worst nightmares would be no sounds mid-gig!

What are your gig counts and reliability experiences? (here's hoping for encouraging answers :))

welshsteve

I can only talk about the Di3 or the original Di5 module.

Only issue I ever had with the module side of things, power supply broke. The old Di5 module ran on 18v AC, so not the kind of thing you could buy at any store. Fortunately it got me through the gig and I got a couple of replacements.

Module(s) was rock solid. You MIGHT find in a live environment, the need to adjust triggering parameters, maybe. It will depend on how loud your other band members are.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

docadiddle2

Thanks for that Steve, reassuring and I've got a back up PSU.

Good to have the warning about triggers as well but hopefully stage vol will be relatively low as there'll be no acoustic drum noise and they'll be able to turn amps down.

Cheers, will report back after the gig.

Dkarl

Hi,
Already spend 5 gigs using the DI3 Speedlight kit + additional Roland cymbals, it is really great experience ! Sure, it will remain my stage drums set for long. I have a spare SD card and a spare power supply in case...
My only concern is the bass-drum`s head that is kind of fast to get damaged. I wonder where to buy parts, as we don't have resellers in France...
Cheers !
DKarl

docadiddle2

Post gig report.

All was fine, no issues at all, drums sounded great through the PA which was 2x Cerwin Vega 15" top speakers and a single Cerwin Vega 18" sub.