News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Price for drumit-kit just went up about 300 EUros

Started by franz-tanz, November 06, 2010, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franz-tanz

Hey everyone,
I just noticed that the price for a drumit kit went up for about 300 Euros.
Now it costs  2298 Euros at THomann music store in Germany
WHY??
I planned on buying one, and now it costs 300 Euros more. Thats bad.
Just because of the new rack?
And at Hyperactive (german distributor) they say 1211 € is the  price level.("unverbindliche Preisempfehlung")
Normally in germany the price for musik stuff in stores is less the price level stated at the distributors.
really bad.

rudiman

In baxshop holland the price went up from 1899 last week to 2675 this week... The will turn our kits into gold   ;D
The Midasgroove :animal:

Baby Samus

Yeah, the price increase is only for the MKII kit and in the UK the MKII is £200 more at £1799 than my MK1 kit cost - a quick check on UK internet shops has the MKI kit still at the same price or less.  It seems the new rack, snare stand must push the cost up.  To be honest the new rack looks far more sturdy than the old one and so does the snare stand.

Although my MK1 rack is still sturdy, its just not tough enough for playing gigs as I found out after doing 5 shows in 2 weeks taking the kit over 800 miles in the back of a van!  I would have paid the extra for the new rack if it was available at the time I reckon.

Oh well, I read some time back that later revisions of the kit would be more expensive so this isn't too much of a surprise.  I suppose the question on everyone's mind is, is £200 more a fair deal for the new rack and snare stand?

I'm sure there will be different opinions on that question so I'll let everyone else get worked up about it  ;)

If there is one positive to this for me, it shows 2Box are trying to improve their product and are commited to supporting it.  They have listened to a lot of our feedback on the kit and software, and its slowly getting better.  Hopefully in another year we'll see 2Box MKIII with SD card slot, sturdier more responsive rims (see roland), and a more responsive rubber coating on the cymbals.  Oh and fully working ride bell triggering!  Come on 2Box its almost there, fix a few more things on the list and you will have a roland/yamaha destroyer on your hands!

Well?  What are you waiting for?  GET TO WORK  ;D  :patbat2box: