News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Individual levels for Ride Bell and Ride Bow Midi

Started by NewMod, June 07, 2022, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewMod

I have my 2box Drumit 5 midi into Logic Pro X and using EZDrummer 3. Is there a way to set Individual levels for Ride Bell and Ride Bow with Midi in the 2Box?  In EZdrummer 3 the bell in considerably louder than the bow. Same with the open Hi-Hat vs Closed Hi-Hat.

welshsteve

You're talking about the bell/bow and hihat closed/open levels in Ezdrummer? Unless you can adjust them levels in Ezd3 (I don't know this VST very well) then I would try adjusting the velocity curves in the drumit5 to one the POS curves, if too aggressive, reduce the gain a little. Of course, without being in front of your set-up and hearing it myself, this is just guess-work.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

NewMod

Are the velocity curves individual in the 2box? The only thing I see is Gain in the 2Box module. EzDrummer doesn't have individual levels for ride and HiHat. I wish it did. It seems I read somewhere about Dsound for 2box, but not sure if that was for the internal 2box samples.

welshsteve

Yes. Or at least it used to when I owned one. Each channel has its own velocity curve. Bell has a H/M/L setting (or at least it did when I last had a 2box module, it's been a while) If you find this extreme when using the module alone, save the trigger set up as "ez.kit" to use when you're using ez drummer. Or just change to the norm
Curve on the adjusted inputs whenever you're more.

NewMod

Quote from: welshsteve on June 08, 2022, 08:17:07 AM
Yes. Or at least it used to when I owned one. Each channel has its own velocity curve. Bell has a H/M/L setting (or at least it did when I last had a 2box module, it's been a while) If you find this extreme when using the module alone, save the trigger set up as "ez.kit" to use when you're using ez drummer. Or just change to the norm
Curve on the adjusted inputs whenever you're more.

I can't find the H/M/L setting or velocity curve in my 2Box module. I been reading through the manual as well. I must be missing something.

welshsteve

To adjust the H/M/L setting velocity on the bell, if I remember right (it's been a couple of years since I had a 2box module) you have to press one of the rotary buttons, I think it's the left one. Hopefully someone can chime in with more detailed explanation.

Karbonfaiba

H/M/L in the UNIT settings is for bell gain. While adjusting that does have an effect on the MIDI output - it's used to fix the bell not triggering at all, rather than a control for velocity curve.

EZDrummer3 does not allow you to adjust velocity curve per zone, but Superior Drummer 3 can do this. Use SD3 if you want to fix small things like this as you can use any EZX library with it anyway.

Also bare in mind, it's just as likely a bell being too loud or soft compared to it's bow it's probably an intrinsic characteristic to that ride cymbal.