News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit Three kit parameter knob default

Started by Paspallum, June 09, 2022, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paspallum

Hi
I'm trying to weigh up the advantages of a Drumit 3 vs Drumit 5mkIi
I know 99% of the differences
One thing I can't seem to find out is...
The kit parameter knob on the Drumit three
Does it default to the kit parameter?
Or another parameter?
This could be annoying after you have done all you editing and mainly want to be scrolling through drumkits each time you play... And if it dosent default to kit...and you'd have to click the knob two times to get to the kit setting... That could get irritating
Anyone confirm where the default setting falls?

Sabian63

From memory it does - although it has been a while since I owned a DI3 - I upgraded to a DI5 Mk2.

Paspallum

Sabian63. Hey thanks! You'd be the perfect person to tell me why I'd want to go with the DI5mkII over the DI3! ?

Karbonfaiba

If you are unsure between Drumit Three and Five MKII my advice is to buy the Five MKII from a big dealer with an easy return policy, as you are more likely to find issue with the 2box concept compared with a rival module (like the Yamaha DTX-PRO) than you are between the Three and Five MKII.

If you grow to love 2box concept - you'll regret not getting the Five MKII as you'll be hindered by 4GB once you start using SDSE.

Sabian63

Quote from: Paspallum on June 13, 2022, 04:55:12 AM
Sabian63. Hey thanks! You'd be the perfect person to tell me why I'd want to go with the DI5mkII over the DI3! ?
I wanted the vertical faders, the ability to have more individual outs, and the capacity to have a little bit more control over everything.... but I still loved the open sound architecture.... I currently running SSD 5.5 in the DI5 Mk2 - and it sounds really good.