News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SDSE Export

Started by Sabian63, May 31, 2022, 03:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabian63

Hi,

I'm trying to get SDSE to export a single zone of a snare drum i.e. just the side stick or rim so that I can create a specific .dsnd file for that zone (to use on a BT1 trigger bar.) I'm playing around with the settings - but haven't quite landed on the correct one to get SDSE to export as multiple wav files.... Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Chris

welshsteve

I don't use SDSE, as I am on a Mac and there wasn't a Mac version. Also, I never wanted to have windows on the computer just for this purpose. Now I don't even own a 2box module anymore (bit of long story) but I kinda pine for one still. Anyway.. I am not sure what the problem is. As long as you have the wavs, you can just make them as single from a kick/perc sound.

I always made my sounds the long way around. I'll summarise how that goes here.

1. Open your DAW, load an instance of whatever VST you're gonna rip from.
2. Make a row of 30+ midi notes from low to high (velocity 25 - 127) on the sound you want. I placed them at the start of the bar. I avoided lots of ambience as it's baked-in, dryer is better for live use in my opinion, but that's personal choice.
3. Make an audio file of these notes (in Logic Pro X is called "Bounce in place") be sure to set tempo so that the sound of the note doesn't over lap the next.
4. Trim at the start of each bar (this maintains no silence before the note start) so you have a serious of single audio files
5. Trim the end of the note if necessary (no point in having a second or more of silence at the end)
6. Export all cut and trimmed audio files to a location on your computer to be dragged onto Drumit app. Make sure the file is correct format, can't remember exactly but I think its WAV, 16 bit 44.1 hz

Open Drumit app, sound, select Kick/perc/loop (for a single voice sound) drag exported WAVs onto the head zone, best results to set "max tune" to 0, save sound and give it a name. Drag and drop into the module in the location of your choosing (Perc, side sticks etc)

if you want to add it to snare which has a rim, if I recall, in kit edit/sound, select rim sound by pressing shift and snare then you're able to select any sound in any location. If scrolled left all the way where nothing appears as a sound, it will apply the rim sound thats already there.

*nb, it's been a long time since I sat behind a 2box module so forgive me if I have got any of the above wrong. But I had 10 awesome year bashing the crap out of my Drumit5/3
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Just a note...even if you export a complete drum snare sound (with head, rim, X-sticks) from SDSe you still could select the right sound to be triggered by your BT1 in the 2box module - like the RIM sound.

If you really want to slim down the SDSe generated dsnd sound file and get rid of the unused sounds - you can easily do this with Lustarks Drumit manager and the included Dsound Tool.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Karbonfaiba

Slightly off topic but this is the most recent SDSE thread:

Does anybody know if Lustar went on holiday since the 12 May?

I'm worried because he is usually very quick to respond to emails and 3 weeks have passed without any contact, feels odd.