News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 mounting screws

Started by dtree, May 25, 2022, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtree

I just purchased a mint Drumit 3 off Reverb but there were no screws for the mount. Does anyone know what size mounting screws I need to attach the mount?

Murgen

Sorry, I have a Drumit 5 MkI and don't know if the mount is similar.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

dtree

It's possible the screw size is the same. It makes sense this sort of thing would be standardized. If you know what the size is it could be helpful. Thank you.

Karbonfaiba

They appear to be M4 stainless steel screws approx. 15mm total length, mushroom crosshead, 9mm head diameter, thread pitch should be 0.7 (coarse) although I cannot verify this, similar image results match closely.

dtree

Thank you Karbonfaiba. I will try this size and report back.

dtree

So I tried the M4 and it was too small. I went digging in one of my drawers where I've placed misc bits of hardware over time and sure enough I found 4 screws that fit. M4 was too small and M6 too big. They appear to be M5's .08 thread and about 14mm in length.

Karbonfaiba

Ah that's good to know dtree, I thought they might be M5 after looking at some M size comparisons. But all the shopping sizes I searched gravitated towards M4 as the most common. That's Swedish design I guess!

I'm having just as much trouble finding alternative encoder knobs to upgrade the front.