News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems with Stereo Sounds Millenium MPS 600

Started by DannyCarey, May 19, 2022, 08:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyCarey

Hey Guys,

I got a DrumIt Three a few days ago and I'm loving it so far.

I made a conversion Kit from my acoustic Tama and all the Drums with 2box triggers work like a charm.

I bought some Millenium MPS 600 stereo Crash cymbals to go along with it. Now I know these aren't ,,Top of the line" or I better say I know they are cheap I didn't expect the world from them. But according to the manual they're supported if I understand it correctly.
If I'm not mistaken they should be able to have two Zones (Bow and Edge) and a choke sound (apparently even a bell sound if you use them as a ride cymbal). I plugged them in with stereo 6,5m cables but I can only get one sound out of them no matter where I hit them. On the Ride Cymbal I ONLY get the Bell sound no matter where I hit the Cymbal Pad.

Does anyone here use the DrumIt Three and Millenium Cymbals or may have an idea what the problem could be (or what I'm doing wrong).
Like I said I know they aren't great but I still feel like I'm missing something.

I've looked into the Kit settings where you can modify the SOUND settings and its set to +++ on all Cymbals.
If I alter this setting I am getting the different sounds but always only one. So the sounds are there, they are just not getting triggered correctly.

I've tried to search the whole forum and read the manual for solutions but haven't found anything that has worked yet. If I missed something I'm terribly sorry :-/

Karbonfaiba

I suggest you cycle through the pad types in the UNIT menu on the relevant input until you find the one that works with the most zones. e.g. CyPS might be the one

I would ignore the marketing blurb about also being a (3 zone) ride cymbal; if it only has 1 ribbon switch on the edge, that's 2 zones maximum. The only way you might gain a 3rd zone is with CyPSV type which uses a velocity switch from the piezo signal. Very unlikely you can use that with anything other than 2box's own cymbals. Prehaps Yamaha's might work, but that's their own wiring making a 3rd zone, which is different.

I don't think the DrumIt module provides the advance calibration you'd need to adjust those pre-sets to make anything else work with a velocity switch. But it has bell gain control which is important to know about.

SDSE provides a way to bake-in a velocity switch in the instrument dsnd if you are interested.

DannyCarey

Thank you for your fast reply!

I can't believe I didn't try that, but I got it to work! The Crash Cymbal works best with the CyPSV-Setting and the Ride (with bell sound!) with the CyPSS-Setting. Haven't gotten the choke to work yet but I dont care too much about that anyway.

So thanks!

Rorliden

Just for the record if someone reads this thread.
Yamahas three zone cymbals works really well with all
three zones on drumit3. A used yamaha cymbal could be a really good deal if you are a drumit3 owner.😊

Rorliden

Yes choke works. Although I just found out that there could be some single misstriggering where bell gives edge sound.
Se the review from edrum workshop.
https://youtu.be/tIzRNRnO8Qk
I had that to but did not think so much about it until I watched the review.