News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 module Mk I is sticky

Started by Murgen, February 04, 2021, 05:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Cleaned up my drumcabin, rearranged the setup. Cleaned the modules with a wet cloth, the bottom and back of the Drumit5 module is sticky ... rubber finish I guess and rubber has the habit to deteriorate. Anyone else with the same issue and any ideas to remove the sticky surface?

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Slamstick

Murgen,  in the states we use something called Goof Off that we use to take off residue from surfaces that have had labels on them, two way tape, etc. 

ddrummer68

I had the same issue, and tried using one of those 'orange' cleaners on the back panel.  It went poorly - all the paint is smudged.  Luckily, I don't much care about the aesthetics.  But it probably didn't help me when I was trying to sell it for that week or two awhile back. ;)
DrumIt 5 SN: 02949

hitmaneac

I used soap and water, the backplate is still sticky but it's clean. I guess it's the coating on it that gets sticky over time.

Murgen

Rubber coating has that habit when it ages.
--------

fishmonkey

that shitty TPE coating goes sticky on everything. rubbing alcohol is one way to get it off...

Murgen

I just started dismantling my Drumit 5 setup to rebuild it into an A2E setup and I tested a cloth with methylated spirit on the sticky back and that works.
--------