News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

strange click sound in samples

Started by rudiman, November 05, 2010, 05:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudiman

Since yesterday i noticed some strange clicksounds when the sample is finished.
I realy don't know if the were there before, i noticed it since yesterday.
Its not on every sample or kit. The Kashmire kit has it on nearly all samples.
When i changed the snare sample of the kashmire kit its gone..(on the snare..rest still clicks)
So whats happening? Do i have a unreliable memory card inside?

Is there a away to reload al the samples from USB  .. if so where can i found the complete sound library ?

fishmonkey

there has been issues with some of the samples in the past, but if the whole Kashmir kit is playing up it seems more likely that you have a corruption problem.

there is nowhere that you can download the complete sound library (i would recommend that everybody make a backup of the entire drum module when you first get the kit.)

i suggest you contact 2Box support.

Manfred

Hi,

as you can read here

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,469.0.html

there are sound(s) that contain click sounds. You can hear and see them if you open the dsnd-file with audacity. Just copy the sound-files to your PC and install audacity. Then you can open, view and play the files.

At the mentioned cymbal-sound it occurs for weak hits. But this can also occur if you have double or multiple triggering at the pad.

Manfred

nonoduweb

Hi

Could you record these clicks (mp3 or wav) and post them?

rudiman

Gonna record some wav's later this day.. it seems the click sounds are now increasing?
The kashmire kit is not playable anymore.

johamarc

I have the same poblem, but only on some snare drum. If I select anoter snare drum itis gone. Did you find reach a conclusionon how to get rid of it?

nonoduweb

I think that I had the same problem (I'm not sure because we still haven't a record of these clicks), but it stopped
This happened on low toms sounds, and was certainly caused by my home electrical system .

rudiman

Oke i made a MP3 file finaly
also a picture where you can see the clicks.
There are very loud on one channel ???

you can see and hear at the end of the sample that there where sometimes
3 clicks!
Also strange is that the spikes only get downwards.

mr Deve Loper please look at it..

sample made with cubase in wav format with presonius firestudio recorded on input 3 & 4
using twobox out 1 & 2. On headphones same clicks are noticed

http://www.maryamma.nl/audio_video/2boxclick.mp3

FunkyDrummer

Recently I had a similar problem with an 808 kickdrum sample i converted to dsnd

when loaded into the unit, and triggered it,  i could hear a click at the end of the sample.

In the end i went to the KIT-ENVELOPE page for the sound, and shortened the DECAY parameter from "infinite" to 10seconds and that fixed it.

The actual kick sound itself is only 2.5 secs long,  so that fact that a 10s fade cures the click is a bit weird. 
It suggests to me that the playback software in the unit is not performing an automatic fast fade-out at the end of its sample when DECAY = "infinity" (this is just a guess)

rudiman

Nope, didn't help. i set the decay to what ever... the clicks still there :-(

Deve Loper

Hi.
Don't know where the click comes from, but...
If the decay is on 10 s AND the attack and hold are still on 0 s, the decay starts directly after sample start. The decay time is defined as the time when the envelope reaches -40 dB. So even after 2.5 sec it will have reached -10 dB, so the click will be less audible.

Also, the click issue by rudiman.
Which sound are you playing? Maybe it's (unfortunately) a Flash card issue.
Do you have a unit with serial number > 1050?
See
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,457.msg5820.html#new

Deve.

rudiman

I'am playing the standard Kashmire kit (witch i copied to position 3)

my serial number is 1244..
so i have to contact the dealer :-(
Can i  give you my address? So you send me a new flash card. I'am very good with screwdrivers :-) Waiting for dealers can take ages. Remember mr. Thomas!