Small Buttkicker or Throne Thumper For 8 by 10 drum room only, no gigging

Started by Slamstick, March 07, 2022, 01:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Thinking about adding a Throne Thumper with an adapter for US power , or a Butt Kicker in my 8 by 10 drum room . What brand and model transducer and amp combo have others used in a similar space? I won't be gigging with it. Also what amp. I am not stuck on either brand or model of transducer or amp

welshsteve

I only have experience with the Porter And Davies one, and it's nothing short of a phenomanal experience!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Slamstick

Thanks Steve! I  hear P. and D. Is the best. Probably won't spring for that much money. Just kicking it around so far

welshsteve

The cost is the main reason I don't have one. Plus, I am trying to keep my set up concise as to limit set up/down times. But if I was resident somewhere, I think I'd probably get one. It does take the IEM experience to another level.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Murgen

Quote from: Stoked2 on March 07, 2022, 01:18:43 AM
Thinking about adding a Throne Thumper with an adapter for US power , or a Butt Kicker in my 8 by 10 drum room . What brand and model transducer and amp combo have others used in a similar space? I won't be gigging with it. Also what amp. I am not stuck on either brand or model of transducer or amp

I'm using the Pearl throne thumper which works for me.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Slamstick

Thanks Murgen, and belated thanks for the reply. I ended up buying 2 used  buttkicker concerts with a buttkicker 1000 aAmp and mounting platform . So I should be good for now

Murgen

Quote from: Stoked2 on May 05, 2022, 03:52:30 AM
Thanks Murgen, and belated thanks for the reply. I ended up buying 2 used  buttkicker concerts with a buttkicker 1000 aAmp and mounting platform . So I should be good for now
Have fun, buttkicker makes a real difference, does it not?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Slamstick

Hi Murgen! Don't know yet,  just  plugged it in at the,guy's church  where I bought it to make sure it was not overheating. Been busy with grandkids, doctors, dentists, old guy stuff, Lol! This week coming maybe

Slamstick

So I ended up getting 2 used   Buttkickers with the amp, cables,  mounting plate and  a floor mount fully tested and   functional for 175 US. Lucked out!