News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Various Issues with brand new Speedlight Kit - Worth the hassle?

Started by sam-ple, March 01, 2022, 08:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam-ple

Hi Everyone,

I have multiple issues with a weeks old speedlight kit and researching online made me question the best path forward. I was hoping to get feedback from the community, whether this is still a good time to join the 2box familiy, especially in the light of the following two issues:

1. My brand new unit suffers from the (apparently known) "no os" issue, but it works every other time for a few minutes and then freezes, only passing through aux sound.
2. Additionally the delivered and (from the looks of it) previously unopened set was missing two components: the assembly for mounting the hi-hat to the pedestal and the L-shaped mounting rod for the snare.

I already am in contact with my dealer who is really supportive, but seemingly has problems with getting replacement parts. The problem with the unit also prevents me from using the hi-hat of an older kit, which is really a pitty because i initially thought that the missing parts would showcase the strenghts of the drumit three flexibility.

I really like a lot about the speedlight kit (size, features, sound quality, real Hi-hat) but this has me wondering whether I made the right decision?! (I only drum as a hobby so I don't need a stage ready set.)

Best,
Sam

welshsteve

If you can access the SD card via a computer (if I remember correctly, you have to hold top left button over the screen, and turn on module) while connected, I would do a reformat of the SD card from the computer. Pretty sure its FAT32 format.

(please someone tell me if I am incorrect here)

Download the Dit3 disk from

https://2box-drums.com/wp-content/uploads/big/DrumIt3_SL_Master%201.33.zip

And drag/drop onto newly formatted SD card

Try that first.

As for the Hihat, it should work with most standard hihat controller, Roland, Yamaha, Alesis and the orginal 2box hihat, which I think is how the speedlight works upon.

Not all work out of the box, I know the ATV requires a box from Zurmann Drums. But you don't have that so that's not the issue.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

sam-ple

Quote from: welshsteve on March 01, 2022, 11:56:06 PM
If you can access the SD card via a computer while connected, I would do a reformat of the SD card from the computer.

Thanks for all of your input. From reading old posts on the "no os" issue I was under the impression, that I would need to open up the unit and take out the SD-card directly. I don't want to risk voiding the warranty or messing up the set with changes to the factory boot setup in case returning it is the better option. So if someone knows for certain that it can be done without taking out the SD-Card, that would be a great thing to try!

Best,
Sam

welshsteve

That would be the case if the card was faulty. But if you can access the files from the computer, try (my first reply) steps first. If you cannot access the SD card, and I don't mean physically, but from a computer. Then, 2box will have to supply you with a replacement card. You can physically take the card out, its not hard but you do need to be careful when you do.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!