News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt 3 and Roland CY-R15 - No Bell

Started by burger, February 07, 2022, 03:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burger

Hello everyone

I have been trying for some time to try and get the Bell/Bow trigger on my CY-R15 to work.  I've tried a few things:

• I've worked through the Zourman guide without success
  • Tried CYMB inputs 1 and 2
  • Tried a Roland CY-R13 I know works used it with my old Roland TD20
  • Bought the Roland CY-R15 and it was brand new
  • Multiple 1/4" stereo cables

All these have been tried with the standard kits that come with the DrumIt 3  I have had no success with any of these.  I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the DrumIt unit itself.

Any suggestions gratefully listened to

halftime

All three zones should work when you have two stereo cables so that "Bow/edge" is connected to the cymbal A input in the module and "Bow/bell" to the cymbal B input. The pad type in module settings should be CyPSB. Also note that the CY-15R bell switch may not register very light hits so you have to hit a bit harder to trigger the bell sound.

burger

Hi

Yes I agree all 3 zones should work. 

I have tried both outputs from the CY-R15 in both inputs for cymbal inputs 1 and 2 on the DrumIt 3.  I've set the pad type to CyPSB.  I've tried hitting the bell really hard.

No luck

welshsteve

Sounds like there could be a fault somewhere, do you have another cymbal to check against it, or have access to one to check?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

burger

I started with a Roland CY-R13 what I know works, I had been using it with a Roland TD-20.  Same issue