News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

[Resolved] Save button Old 2box Drumit Five Don't work anymore

Started by Syl1, February 21, 2022, 03:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syl1

Hello,

On Old 2box Five module

The save button no longer works when I press, what can I do please ?

I changed the OS to 1.36.30 in case but it doesn't work

The bootloader is 1.32

Regards

edcito

Open the module and clean the contact button with alcohol

Deve Loper

Maybe obvious, but does the button work on other pages?
Is save enabled on the unit-pref page?

Syl1

welshsteve

If the button is completely not functional on any pages, then try 2box themselves and see if they than provide you with a replacement switch. If that fails, you're in luck because I have about 6 replacement switches for the drumit5 lying about. I don't know why, but several years ago I got some replacement parts (o rings, plastic rim, rack clamps) and they sent a pack of replacement switches.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Syl1

Hello,

It seems strange to me that it is the switch that is out of order. The other switches press in the same way
I disassembled the 2box to put an external sd card and to clean. It is an exploit .
I did not remove the button which is very hard to remove. I wouldn't want to break everything and make it worse. I don't see myself changing this button...
I thought it might have been software problem instead

Syl1

So I wrote to support 2Box and :

They find the soluce :

"please check if at settings the save function is turned off.
You'll find this function at "Unit  Pref" menu"

I don't know why it was...Indeed, it was off  :o

welshsteve

Ah..
I didn't mention the save enable, as I assumed this was not the case as it had been working before and Deve asked you about save enable.
As for switches breaking, it happens. They're a moving part and over time will wear, just like an moving electrical part. But you should get many years use before needing to replace, if at all. Also as they take downward force, it's also possible solder points can become "dry" and would need a small re-solder. Happens on lots of electrical Musical equipment. Mixers are renowned for it.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Syl1

Sorry, I hadn't read this mention of Deve "Is save enabled on the unit-pref page?" ...

But all's well that ends well

Thank you at yours three for helping