News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box Trigit and 2Box Drumit 5 MK2 - no Rimsound

Started by Zerbersterus, February 04, 2022, 08:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerbersterus

Hello fellow edrummers,

I am new here on the forum and just bought a 2Box Drumit 5 MK2 Module and 2Box Trigit Set.

The problem is, I don't get a Rimsound on either of my drums. The head triggers fine though.
I connected stereo cables from the Triggers to my module. I followed instructions that come with the triggers and set the Type to AcTr1 on both the toms and the rim settings and tried out some other types and settings on the module. but nothing really helped. I get no sound from rim shots nor does the LED on the module blink when hitting the rim. There is a sound when I press MORE-Button and Tom/Snare-Button though, so there is a sample for rim sound on my kit. I haven't changed any sounds on the SD-Card, so apart from some minor configurations in the settings I haven't changed anything.

I use drumtec real feel meshes and mounted everything on a used accoustic kit from Basix. Maybe the rims from the Basix-set aren't high enough or something. I also use rim noise silencers on all rims but even if I hit the outside (uncovered) part of the rim, there is no triggering at all. I am really out of ideas for now.
To mention ist, that I cut out the part of the rim noise canceler where the trigger sits. Without a cutout the trigger wouldn't even fit on it.

If someone needs more information about my kit please tell me.
Help is much appreciated.

Best Regards.

welshsteve

Hmmm, first I thought either a faulty trigger or TRS cable, but considering you're getting it on both, I would look at the Rim's triggering parameters. If I recall, select the trigger by hitting it, go into unit (trigger) hold down "more" and that will show you the rim trigger parameters.

It's been a long time since I was in front of a 2box module so my memory might be a little fuzzy. Also, you might not need to resort to using the AC type preset triggers if you're using mesh heads. The PadPP, PadPS etc types would work fine, as they did for me when I had mesh pads.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Zerbersterus

Thank you for your Advice. I was using PadPSY, which was triggering the head perfect.

I also played around for a bit with the settings and my dealer told me to set X-TRG to OFF on both head and rim settings. Also setting both to TYPE AcTr1 did the trick. played a little around with THRESH and GAIN to have the same response as on TYPE PadPSY.

The thing is, some pads and and triggers need X-TRG to be set to ON to trigger both rim and head. the 2Box Trigit should be set to x-TRG OFF since it dampens the rim hits so much, that they aren't working at all.

welshsteve

That trigger type PadPSY is for Yamaha 3 zone pads like the XP120, XP110, XP80 and the TP120, TP110... They work on a Piezo/Switch/Switch system, which isn't gonna work with a Piezo/Piezo style wiring which is the Trigit Snare/tom

I suggest the PadPP type. Set gain, threshold and Curve settings first before looking at the crosstalk.

If I recall, I preferred the PadPS type, as it gave me a clear rimshot sound, rather than a Head + Rim sound without having to mess with cross talk, x-talk etc...

It was a few years ago, but occasionally I dep for a chap who's got a really sweet Gretch kit triggering a Drumi5 Mk2 module kitted out with Trigits and Powerply mesh heads. He's got his snare as PadPP but I always change it to PadPs for this reason, I never save it though so it doesn't mess with his set up when he comes back in the night after.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

halftime

I tried the PadPS type selection on my snare (which has 3 piezos for both head & rim) to see if it makes a difference, but the result was that the rim sound was lost. I was able to get the rim sound by changing the zone setting from "++-" to "-+-", but then of course the head sample would not play any more. I have a DrumIt 3 with OS version 1.36.30. I don't know if my setup is fundamentally different from using the TrigIt, but at least for me it seems that the PadPP selection is the only possibility for a piezo/piezo trigger.