News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

VH11 Hi-Hat Issues

Started by Sabian63, January 16, 2022, 06:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabian63

Hi All,

just upgraded to a VH11 hi-hat controller from a go-edrum - which is generally much better. One issue I'm having though is occasionally the controller will register the hats as open when they are closed and play a sustained open hats noise. Additionally sometimes the controller doesn't recognise the hi hat has been closed while playing a sustained sound, and so doesn't end that particular sound.

Anyone else come across this at all? Any tips on how this might be resolved?

Cheers.

Chris

Karbonfaiba

Hard to say, could be multiple issues, does it happen with all kits?

Set the pot correctly on the back, recalibrate, make sure you don't have HOLD turned way up on the sample.

Did you buy the VH11 used? It's possible internal parts of the controller are dirty and needs maintenance.

welshsteve

Quote from: Sabian63 on January 16, 2022, 06:51:05 PM
Hi All,

just upgraded to a VH11 hi-hat controller from a go-edrum - which is generally much better. One issue I'm having though is occasionally the controller will register the hats as open when they are closed and play a sustained open hats noise. Additionally sometimes the controller doesn't recognise the hi hat has been closed while playing a sustained sound, and so doesn't end that particular sound.

Anyone else come across this at all? Any tips on how this might be resolved?

Cheers.

Chris

If you're using a Drumit3 or 5 MII, Check out Anders VH11 set up video on Youtube. If you haven't... that should help!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sabian63

All sorted now - I went through the hi-hat setup process and then adjusted the settings to increase the aperture and make it a little less sensitive.