News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ATV Snare Drum & 2Box Settings

Started by Sabian63, January 07, 2022, 08:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabian63

Just pondering if the ATV 13" Snare Pad registers as a 3 zone snare on the 2box module? Or does it just register as a 2 zone pad?

Any help/insight appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

welshsteve

Pretty sure it's a dual piezo design (Head and Rim) The raised rim for cross stick sounds I think only works with their aD5 module. But I might be wrong. I see people using this with a BT1 for other modules.

FYI, on a drumit3/5 MK2 module, the old Yamaha TP120SD gives awesome 3 zone snare triggering! If you can handle rubber pad (btw, it's a very nice feeling rubber pad) you can pick these up very cheap!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sabian63

Thanks Steve. Anders from Zourman is working a solution to combine a BT1 and Pad into a Yamaha 3 zone pad signal - I was just wondering if there was an off the shelf solution.

Chris

ANGR77

Can just confirm to what Steve says - the ATV snare is a dual piezo snare.

If anybody wonders what Sabian63 refers to...here is the idea:

https://youtu.be/G7bNl7onPnk (If look carefully on how the three zones interact)

It is a box which converts 2 of total 3 Piezo triggers to switch type of signal...which makes it react as a Yamaha 3 Zone type of signal. We will see if there will be an official product.

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com