News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ATV Hit HAT and Zourman Conversion module issues

Started by Francois D, January 05, 2022, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francois D

Hi everybody !

First I wish you all a happy 2022 !

I'm new here but I've been using 2box since 2013 and recently I have had issues that I don't know how to solve. So I tought maybe around here someone would have a good idea about all this.

Here is my problem :  I have an old drumit5 mark1 that I own since 2013 and I have decided to change my hit-hat. I've purchased an ATV adh-12 and the zourman conversion module. Everything works fine until I plug in something in the Line input or in the midi in or out. When I do that, the Hit hat starts behaving strangely and when I'm almost at the close position, the module starts to send again and again a footsplash loop at top velocity. Keeping the same opening settings and unplugging the line in or midi out and everything comes back to normal.... I've tested every piece of the chain, i've changed every cable, disconnect everything, I've send back the Hit Hat and the conversion module for replacement and it kept happening with the new hardware, so I've ordered a drumit3 module to test if my module was the problem, and the problem is still present with the drumit 3 module... I'm guessing it's related to the electrical power side of things but I'm out of ideas... I've tried pluging the module and the hit hat on different power sockets but nothing changes...
(I should say that when swapping the atv hats for the original 2box ones, everything works as it should even when line in and midi out are connected)

So here I'm am hoping that maybe someone around here have a fresh idea about all this and what can cause this issue. I have no intention to get an original 2box hats again because those are not greats and I use the hats quite a lot in my playing, but I'm thinking that in a last attempt I can try getting a Goedrum foot controller + the zourman conversion module for roland hats and try it that way, maybe whith no extra power needed for the Hit hat the problem can be solved.

So what do you think? Do you have any ideas about what is causing that ?

Thanks a lot !

Fancois

ANGR77

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your problems. Which serial number do your Zourman module have?

A few users have in the past been reporting problems with this kind of disturbance. Most often generated by the virtual earth between the systems...which starts to move. E.g. ATV is shooting power out from the hh ctr and 2box do the same...and the Zourman module have to handle this in the best way. Maybe we need to look on this serious for your environment and fix it!

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Francois D

Hi Anders !

Thanks for your quick reply!

The serial number of my module is the 1342-11-2020

I'll be glad if it can be fixed, because this issue put aside, everything works great and is really enjoyable to play.

Thanks again,

Best regards

François

ANGR77

I am doing some test trying to simulate problem in my environment to understand what is going.on.

Getting back to you.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Francois D

Thanks again !

If you need more details or even a "wiring" diagram of my setup, I can make it for you.

Best regards

François

ANGR77

Francois D

ANGR77

No, it looks perfekt.

Checking with the same kind of setup.

Best regards

Andes / www.Zourman.com

ANGR77

Francios - I am still working on it - I have finally a similar setup compared to yours. (With a focusrite sound device etc) 

Getting back to you during the weekend with my test results - and hopefully a quick fix!

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Francois D

Hi Anders !

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts !

Looking forward to learn about your results !
Fingers crossed for a quick fix too !

Best regards

François

ANGR77

Hi Francios.

I just set up my environment similar to yours. Scarlett 4/4, ATV AD-H14 HH, 2Box Five MKII (My MK1 is currently at the rehearsal studio), Zourman Hi-hat conversion for ATV HH - and connected the whole thing to my PC running Cubase. My MKII is connected with both midi (in/out) and 2 channels audio with the Scarlett 4/4 interface. All power connectors connected to the power socket. I am running on OS 1.36.3

However - my environment seems to be solid as rock. No glitches at all near the closed position.

I am going to connect my whole kit and try - and see if I am able to replicate the problem. Stay tuned!

Some video proofs on my first attempt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEUlYadieXY

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Francois D

Hi Anders

I've made a video showing what's going on in my setup for you here

https://youtu.be/oRa8GPZrPzw

(I forgot to tell in the video that the issue is the same when the computer is off and the cable is connected betwin the focusrite and the drumit5)

So far I've tryed and ruled out all of this :

Switching every cable
Plugin only the Hit hat
Reseting module
Switching to original drumit5 OS and Boot
Turning off the computer
Plugin the line in of the drumit5 to the line out of the motherboard of the computer
Plugin to a different computer
Plugin line in with a shorter cable (mine is 4,5 m)
Power every part of the system from different power sockets
Changing module for a drumit3
Changing atv hats for new ones
Changing Zourman conversion module for a new one

So far all of this don't resolve the issue.

I hope the video can help

Best regards

François

ANGR77

Hi Francious!

Fittest, Great video explanation.

I am going to try the focus ride headphone output in to my 2box and see if this can get my system to show the same symptoms.

If you raise the pfact value manually when you have the issues - by let's say 10-20 steps - do the issue stops then? (In general it looks like very low pfact and poff values after calibration on your system)

The computer is running on the same power outlet group?) And you get the same issue with Drumit Three?

Best regards

Anders

Francois D

Hi !

I've tried raising the pfact value but the issue doesn't stop. My values are low I believe because I've removed the bottom cymbal of the hit hat ( that was to loud ) but even with it on, it is still doing the same issue.
My computer is plugged to a different power outlet and for what I can see this outlet is connected to a different phase all together to the electricity meter. Note that even when I unplug the computer from the wall and leave the connections between it and the drumit5 the issue stays.
The issues were exactly the same with the drumit3.

The only thing I came to think of, if you can't replicate the problem on your side, but I don't know if it can be relevant, is that before I moved from my previous appartment I had the same system and it was working decently until (as good as I can remember) the electricity provider changed my electricity meter for à new one that uses cpl technologies to mesure power consuption and sends it to a centrilised system. It is the same electric meter that I have now in my new appartment. I don't know much about electric systems so I can't say why this could change anything or not but this is the only difference I have found whith my previous installation. If you think it can be it, the meter is called Linky and is being deployed all over France by EDF ans RTE companies. I've found some technical data about it online if needed.

I really hope the issue is something simpler than this but it came to my mind yesterday and I thought I should mention it.

Looking foward to your test results

Best regards

François

ANGR77

That's good Francios.

Yes, you are right regarding the electrical environments impact on this. As you can see on many computer PSUs, especially for laptops...they have very often ferrites included on the cable to not create interference with other equipment. I am going to try this...if I am able to replicate the problem.

I am also going to change my environment for my setup and see if I am able to replicate the issue. If I am able to replicate it...then I am guessing it will not be too hard to find a solution.

Let me see a picture on your ATV PSU...just to see that they are using the same adapter as I am using with my aD-H14.

Let's solve this! :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com