News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newbie DRUMIT 5 User problems

Started by InvisibleMusic, January 03, 2022, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvisibleMusic

Hi guys,

Great to be here and happy new year to you all!

Few questions if you don't mind....

I'm a newbie to Drumit and 2box, but recently purchased TWO modules to use for a show I'm producing.

I am hoping to be triggering these by two separate Simmons SDS Kits (would love to know if anyone has any experience/pitfalls to look out for?)

I'm creating customs samples for each song, all bounced down and faded fine, but even on the first kit I'm putting together I am having a weird problem on the same sample (TOM 3) where it clips the end like it isn't faded out , although it is and I have redone and exported it a few times but still the same problem?

Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug/update problem?

Cheers in advance,

B.

welshsteve

Go into the sound, scroll down until you see
Attack hold release.

Make sure release and hold are maxed out.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Wavedrummer3

I just spent the good part of yesterday dealing with your exact problem. This clipping happened on a bunch of dsnd's that were converted from Vst's years ago. My solution was to open the offending Dsnd file using the Dsound tool. Then use the function "split into individual files." Now listen to the individual waves. You will find the offending file. Throw the offending file in the trash. Now open the drumit editor and drag all the files into the editor and create a new dsound. This solution worked for me. Hope this helps.

InvisibleMusic

Cheers for the quick replies guys, As it's 80's stuff there is usually only one sample but I will have a look at the sound and scroll to find the A/H/R menu.

I have to say though, it's not very plug and play but i am sure will be worth it,

ANGR77

Especially for these 80th kits...you might try the Layer "Top" parameter...found on the Kit - ENV page.

With LAYER you determine the way each sample layer (volume levels) of the sound will be triggered.
Var: (default setting of most sounds) At random, the module selects a layer which is in the volume range that best matches the trigger-impulse intensity. With this setting, the typical "machine gun effect" is avoided, because even with an identical trigger impulse at the following beat, another sound layer will be used (randomly) and previously generated sound layers can still fade out completely.

Top: Regardless of the velocity, always the "top layer" sound, i.e. the loudest layer is used.

Fix: always the layer matching the trigger impulse best is used. I.e. with identical trigger- impulse intensity the same layer is used.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com