News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt 5 mark 2 stutters

Started by noakser, December 14, 2021, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noakser

Hi all, it's been a while since posting here (so much so my account had lapsed!). I've been using a mark 1 for years and love it but got myself a mark 2 just as lockdown kicked in. Consequently it sat in a cupboard until recently when the clubs were allowed to open here in N Ireland. So I got it all set up with the kits from my mark 1 added to the SD card and triggering how I wanted. So every now and again, the module stutters, as in the sounds don't trigger for a split second then the module catches up. There is no rhyme or reason to when it happens, anyone else hear of this? I tried a different card etc but it's still happening!

welshsteve

It's a dodgy SD card issue. Very well documented. Easy fix too. I can't say which card you need to get but someone on here should be able to tell you.

Reach out to 2box too, maybe they'll respond and tell you which type or better, will send out a new SD Card. With the Mk2. It's a lot easier to change the card.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

docadiddle2

Yes sounds like the card. I got a MK2 last year and it did the same. I was sent a new card FOC and no problem since.

Karbonfaiba

1) Contact 2box about the issue - they may have shipped with an unsuitable card.

2) Order a 32GB Kingston Canvas Select Plus A1 (they aren't expensive)

2box requires low latency read access time.
A1 (and A2) grading certifies that an SD card is capable of a minimum number of IOPS.

While not directly related to read access latency, it is the best indicator we have that a card should meet the performance requirement.