News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

increase hihat "feet down" volume

Started by rudiman, November 01, 2010, 12:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudiman

My hihat volume is oke when hitting it with a stick, but when playing it with my feet its to soft.
Is there a possibility to increase the hihat 'feetdown' volume?

fishmonkey

are you talking about foot-chick or foot-splash sounds?

there doesn't seem to be any way to independently adjust the trigger gain or zone volumes. currently i think the only way to make the foot pedal sound independently louder would be to edit the samples (painful!).

rudiman

i speaking about the " foot-chick"  sound. Can't find a way to make it louder.

Slap the drummer

I might be wrong, and I havn't tried it yet myself, but:-

Install the DsoundTool Louis developed.
Open the hihat file of your choice with the tool.
Now you can adjust the volume of each group, ie make splash louder, foot chick quieter,
whatever.

(There is a slider for each group which appears when you use the "edit" command
to open an existing DSND tool).

Perhaps somebody else could confirm if this will work or if I'm talking rubbish!
I think it will tho.

rudiman

I found out that after calibrating the hihat the volume is just right. But verytime i switched on the unit i have to calibrate again? Is this prefs setting not saved?

puttenvr

Yes, you must SAVE the unit settings as well

fishmonkey

are you sure? my 2Box brain never indicates it needs a save after calibrating the hihat.

rudiman

checked it out today, but no indication on the brain that the settings are changed?
I supose that i have to press  the save button on the first page of the unit settings?

fishmonkey

i just assumed that if the brain isn't displaying 'Save?' then there is nothing to save.

it would be easy enough to test. recalibrate the hihat over a radically different range, reboot the brain and see if it sticks.

have you turned the Save function on in the brain?

puttenvr

The question mark (?) is important. If that doesn't appear turn on the SAVE function

fishmonkey

i definitely don't get the 'Save?' when recalibrating the hihat, it saves automatically.

puttenvr

Deve Loper

Hi.
No question mark means no changes means nothing to save.
If SAVE on the PREF page is Off you can't save so the question mark remains.

2 exceptions, hihat calibration and the save function itself are always saved so no question mark appears and you don't have to press SAVE on the MIX page.

The SAVE On/Off function should not lock out itself.

The hihat calibration is a necessary setup step (as well in a shop for demo) and it would be bothersome to have to enable SAVE, calibrate and then dsiable SAVE again. (Especially when forgetting the last step in shop demo.)

Deve

rudiman

Oke clear! But for some strange reason my calibration has to be done on a regular base. I shall tighten the clutch more, because i think its a mechanical issue.

fishmonkey

my calibration occasionally goes out too, but in my case i think it's mostly to do with the weak return spring on the 2Box hihat pedal.