News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD card question

Started by docadiddle2, October 26, 2021, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docadiddle2

I have a fairly early DI 5 MK2 module which uses a normal SD card- from what I read it sounds like Micro SD cards are now being used?? The first card was faulty but replacement is fine as is a duplicate which I've made up.

My question is how far should the card pop out when you're taking it out? Mine does have the spring action to eject it but the card only comes out flush with the casing so I have to use a thin tool to grab it and pull it out. This doesn't feel right to me, just wondering if it should come out further?

ANGR77

Hi!

The SD card does not pop out too far....so in some cases I am afraid that you need a tool to get it out. As user of many cards and exchanging information...I am using a 25 cm SD card cable extender to be faster changing cards. (Like the one included in this pack https://zourman.com/product/2box-64gb-card-mod-kit/ )

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Karbonfaiba

Your spring is worn out.

My SD card adapter ejects at least 3mm from the casing. It's tricky to insert as well. The length of your fingernail often dictates whether you can do it without use of some tool.  ;)

docadiddle2

Thanks for the replies. It's actually been like this since I got it but I didn't think too much of it' as I don't take it out much. The spring definitely works but only gets it flush definitely not 3mm. Seems like a design oversight. I might just glue a little extension piece onto the card.