News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

White mesh heads

Started by Deve Loper, October 16, 2021, 01:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deve Loper

Hi. Not often I pose a question, but here goes.
I'd like to change my original black mesh (on the orange pad) to white.
Any suggestions? Single, dual, triple ply? What triggers best?  Brand?
Thanks,
Deve.

Karbonfaiba

First thing I always recommend is watching this video from Drum-tec  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BJCdWRahA

If the original black mesh is a single ply thick, then drum-tec pro mesh head would be the closest direct replacement. (It's available in white)

I have no experience of thick single ply mesh heads, but I use 2-ply on my snare and 3-ply on my toms for feel and sound profile reasons. I have not noticed any performance differences when it comes to ply but my centre mounted diamond triggers may just be very forgiving.

P.S. Drum-tec make the best whites imo, closer to D65 (6500K) than the bluish Z-ED whites.  ;)

Itsme710

ive got a roland 10" 2 Ply and Z ED 12" 2P Ply ffor my 2 toms no problems at all with orange pads.

Deve Loper

Thanks for the feedback.
Good vid by d.tec.
I will look at the trig signal first as it is with blk mesh head.
Then I put a Remo silent stroke on, see how that turns out.
If not ok, I go for 2 ply.
Best, Deve.

Mandubien

I use 3-ply mesh heads from Jobeky and have great feel and response.

They're known to be louder than 1-ply or 2-ply heads but noise isn't a problem for me since I use my e-kit for live gigs only.

Drumtec also have 3-ply mesh heads for sale and I've heard great things about them.

Deve Loper

Hi Mandubien.
Is that on the original 2box pads w edge piezo?

Karbonfaiba

Stoked2 your PM is blocked for some reason so I'll post here:

I've had the same Z-EDs fitted to my drums for over 6 years and they show no signs of wear. Unfortunately I don't have any source because they came fitted with my Diamond drums.

If you contact dave at diamondelectronicdrums.com I bet you'll be able to buy the good versions though!

Mandubien

Quote from: Deve Loper on October 20, 2021, 08:37:27 AM
Hi Mandubien.
Is that on the original 2box pads w edge piezo?

No, Jobeky is an independent company from UK who make triggers, mesh heads, complete electronic kits etc...

I upgraded my old Pearl E-Pro Live with their triggers, mesh heads and the DrumIt Five mk2 module

docadiddle2

Another shout out for Jobeky, I have their own brand Prestige 3 ply, fantastic feel, not too bouncy and great triggering with DIY side triggers.

https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product-category/meshheads/jobeky-prestige-mesh/