News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module freezes while playing

Started by jjbelgium, October 13, 2021, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjbelgium

Hello there,

it's my first post on this forum as I'm entering the 2Box community and I'm not proud to start with an issue :(
Anyway, I'm the proud owner of a speedlight kit with the DI5 MK2 module (from Drum-Tec store), which gives me chills and pleasure to play with (worship band in church btw) until last sunday.
5 times, the module litterally froze. Like no sound, no response with the knobs, buttons etc. I was obliged to reboot and experienced also boot errors, freeze on OS loading, etc.
I didn't add any custom sounds -yet- and I only tweaked the kits as I feel it right for me (samples, parameters, volumes...) but as I'm reading issues some of you encountered, I'm thinking about an official SD card issue.
Am I right? If yes, I think I would try to save all the changes I made (still have to find out how  ;D) and format+copy all the DI5 MK2 card content back on.
Do you guys have any clues or more advices for a beginner? Thanks in advance :D

halftime

Well, I think you lose nothing if you try another SD card. If the original card is corrupted and cannot be read anymore, you can download the initial card content from 2box-drums.com.

ANGR77

There have been some problems reported with the SD card adapter- (the card itself uses a micro sd inside)

You could try to another sd adapter before changing Sd card.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Karbonfaiba

Buy another 32/64GB MicroSD card of A1 rating and clone your original onto it. Always take it with you to every gig to have that redundancy against memory corruption.

The pads are quite exposed on SD cards, so check for dirt and dust. Sometimes bad contact just happens though - always eject and reseat if it ever crashes (this hasn't happened to me ever after booting, but sometimes 2box throws an error after inserting a working card after it's been in my PC)

Lucky MicroSD cards are cheap and plentiful, you could even replace just the SD adapter if your contacts get too badly worn.

jjbelgium

Thanks for all your advices, I will see if I got the same issue today, as I was sick I didn't had the chance to play for a long time to reproduce this issue. I'll tell you if it occurs again, and take good note of everything shared! :D

jjbelgium

This is an update of my issue.
After a while whitout too much issues, and now downloading a bunch of new kits made with stock files and a new snare, i'm facing again this issue. When the kit is well used (a lot of sounds played in a brief moment, toms rolls, cymbals and toms) i'm experiencing a lot of disturbances and lag.
Today i'm trying after several times to format a new 32Go SD card in FAT32, because the previous card tested (LEXAR 64Go) gave me unaligned_cluster message on the module everytime.

jjbelgium

Hey all,
Hoping it will be useful for others, card is changed for another 32Go with the right format/cluster size, working like a charm.
Sadly, my card is not under warranty anymore at drum-tec, so I won't be able to change it.